Bourbon Home Delivery According to Drizly.com

Drizly.com Bourbon Home Delivery Stats Infographic

Raise your hand if you’ve ever wished that someone would deliver bourbon to your house on demand.  Don’t be shy. It’s perfectly normal to have these types of thoughts running through your head. In fact, it’s so normal that Drizly.com has built a business around delivering booze to American’ homes. While I’m unable to enjoy their services where I live at the moment, I thought it would be fun to see what type of data they have around how American’s are consuming bourbon via home delivery.  Lucky for us the folks at Drizly.com were totally up for sharing their data to help us kick of National Bourbon Heritage Month.

The graphic above shows that of all liquor sales delivered by Drizly.com, bourbon represents 14%. Not to shabby but I’m holding out hope that number goes before the end of the year.

It also lists what the top 20 bourbon products are for 2015 year to date ordered via Drizly.com. Did one of your favorites make the list?

They also informed me that during September 2014 the most popular bourbon was Maker’s Mark. We’ll be keeping tabs on orders for this September and will provide an update next month to see if Maker’s Mark was able to retain their title this year.

We hope you find this information interesting as we plan on bringing you updates from Drizly.com on a quarterly basis moving forward. And with a little luck we’ll work to match it up against overall industry sales and determine if Drizly.com data can help predict who the winners are losers will be throughout the year.

Drop us a note in the comments and share what bourbon would be your first choice if ordering it for home delivery.

Comments { 0 }

A User’s Guide to the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience

Evan Williams Bourbon Experience Header

Anyone who has traveled the Kentucky Bourbon Trail knows that most of the distilleries on the Trail are located far outside of city centers like Lexington and Louisville. This is only natural, of course—a more remote location guarantees better connections to the grains, pure water, and acreage necessary for a distillery. So what’s a girl to do when she has a couple of spare hours in Louisville and has a hankering for bourbon? After a stop by Art Eatables for fantastic bourbon truffles (a must in Louisville) I popped on over to the Evan Williams experience on Museum Row in Louisville for my bourbon fix one afternoon.

Let’s start with a disclaimer: all Evan Williams bourbon is not produced at the Evan Williams Experience, but instead produced at a distillery a few miles down the road which is not open to tours. The EWE has a small craft distillery that produces about a barrel a day, Tuesday through Saturday, and apparently makes fantastic juice—just ask Ginny Tonic, who has had the enviable chance to taste their 1-year-old and new make. Evan Williams is by no means my favorite brand, but I had heard good things about the museum so I wanted to check it out. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Kicking Off National Bourbon Heritage Month

National Bourbon Heritage Month 2015

Welcome to National Bourbon Heritage Month
The biggest and baddest month of the year for bourbon lovers.

Unlike other made-up holidays like National Donut Day or International Vodka & Violins Day, National Bourbon Heritage Month is an observance established by the US government back in 2007. Here’s a little background to memorize in case anyone challenges you on the topic.

National Bourbon Heritage Month is an observance in the United States that calls for celebration of bourbon as America’s “Native Spirit”. On August 2, 2007, the US Senate declared September 2007 as “National Bourbon Heritage Month.” The bill, sponsored by Republican Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky, passed by unanimous consent. The resolution calls for consumers who enjoy bourbon to do so responsibly and in moderation. The bill reinforces the 1964 Act of Congress that declared bourbon “America’s Native Spirit” by celebrating the family heritage, tradition and deep-rooted legacy that the bourbon industry contributes to the United States.

You see? It’s a bona-fide month-long celebration of bourbon. Can you think of a better way to spend the next 30 days? Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Free Shipping – Helping Spread the Bourbon Gospel

Free Shipping Image

Next month is National Bourbon Heritage Month. Or as we like to call it – The Best Month Ever.

Once again this year we’ll be celebrating in style with lots of giveaways, special content and special offers on all things bourbon related. More details will be shared on September 1st. But we thought we’d go ahead and announce one of our surprises a few days early to help you prepare for National Bourbon Heritage Month.

We super excited to announce that effectively immediately all items available through the Bourbon & Banter Shop are available with free shipping.  That’s right – all items come with free shipping.

We hope this change will allow more of you to get your hands on some cool bourbon gear to help spread the bourbon gospel. Just to be clear, this is not only for National Bourbon Heritage Month. This is a permanent change.

Stock Up on Bourbon Gear Now

We hope you’ll take advantage of the free shipping and thank you for your continued support.

PS – Shipping is still limited to those in the United States. If you would like to purchase something and live elsewhere please drop us a note via the Contact Us page of the website. We can look at options for shipping to your location if needed.

Comments { 0 }