New Product Alert: Jefferson’s Bourbon Presidential Select 21 Year Old

Hey folks, I just got this new product release announcement from Jefferson’s Bourbon and thought you’d be interested in hearing about it right away. I should have a sample in the next few weeks as well so I’ll let you know more about it as I find out myself.

Jefferson's Presidential Select 21 Year-Old Bourbon

RELEASE UPDATE: Spoke with Trey Zoeller to get a little more information on the release and here’s what he had to say:

  • There’s no wheat in the mash bill
  • Bourbon was not distilled at Stitzel Weller
  • Aged in barrels with a No. 3 charr
  • Release yield is 1,800 6-bottle cases
  • Big flavors with an outstanding finish

Trey’s expediting a sample to me for tasting so I hope to confirm his thoughts on the taste and finish soon.

Hey folks, I just got this new product release announcement from Jefferson’s Bourbon and thought you’d be interested in hearing about it right away. I should have a sample in the next few weeks as well so I’ll let you know more about it as I find out myself.

Until then, here are the details from the official press release:

Castle Brands is proud to introduce Jefferson’s Presidential Select 21 Year Old Straight Bourbon Whiskey, the latest addition to its line of “Ridiculously Small Batch” whiskies and the Presidential Suite (Jefferson’s Bourbon, Jefferson’s Reserve, Jefferson’s Presidential Select and Jefferson’s Rye). Jefferson’s Presidential Select 21-Year-Old Straight Bourbon Whiskey is aged in new oak barrels for 21 to 24 years and bottled at 94 proof (47% ABV). Inspired by its namesake Founding Father, this mature, complex and exceptionally full-bodied aged Bourbon will be released nationally on April 1, 2013.
“This is precious bourbon since there are very few bottles of this age with this complexity,” says Jefferson’s founder and master blender Trey Zoeller. “This limited release whiskey aged beautifully. Because of the nuanced flavor profile, this Jefferson’s Presidential Select Straight Bourbon Whiskey is sure to become one of our most coveted bottlings.”
Jefferson’s Presidential Select 21-Year-Old Straight Bourbon Whiskey consists of 15 lots of bourbon aged from 21 to 24 years. Bourbon of this age is extremely fragile; Zoeller discovered that these stocks had aged undisturbed for many years in a cooler area of the warehouse, which added further nuance to the spirit’s flavor profile and engendered a later peak. The resulting blend is a uniquely robust and extremely flavorful bourbon with deep, concentrated notes of vanilla, toffee and leather that finishes extraordinarily smoothly. Because of the evaporation that occurred over the aging period, Jefferson’s will have just 2,000 cases to release of this rare, complex spirit that embodies a presidential combination of age, purity and strength.
To learn more about the Jefferson’s line of spirits, please visit www.jeffersonsbourbon.com. Jefferson’s Presidential Select 21 Year Old Straight Bourbon Whiskey is priced at $119.99 for a 750ml bottle and is available for purchase at fine spirits retailers across the country.

Price is high on this one but do you think you’ll try and get your hands on a bottle?