Crab Orchard Bourbon Ad Circa 1934

In celebration of Repeal Day this week, we’re going way back to feature this Crab Orchard Bourbon ad from 1934. Looks like the bourbon distilleries wasted no time in getting their ads back into the market and attacking those that were selling inferior booze due to the boom on sales. (This ad is actually from June of 1934)

I especially like that Crab Orchard is being advertised by The American Medicinal Spirits Company despite the fact that Prohibition is over. I suppose selling whiskey to the thirsty  public was more important than changing the name.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Crab Orchard Bourbon Ad Circa 1934

About Patrick "Pops" Garrett

Patrick Garrett, "Pops" as he's known to his friends, is the founder of Bourbon & Banter, LLC and claims the title of Chief Drinking Officer (CDO). A long-time marketing professional and photographer, Pops hopes to use his professional experience and love of Bourbon to spread the Bourbon Gospel and help everyone realize the therapeutic power of having a good drink with friends.

Connect With Us

Bourbon & Banter is best shared socially. Make sure to connect and follow us via these social networks.

,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply