Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944

Woke up this morning to the sound of freezing rain hitting my bedroom windows. All I wanted to do was stay in my warm bed and sleep through the bad weather. Unfortunately I had to get up and trudge on into work.

Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944 Image

Woke up this morning to the sound of freezing rain hitting my bedroom windows. All I wanted to do was stay in my warm bed and sleep through the bad weather. Unfortunately I had to get up and trudge on into work. As such I think this ad is perfect based on today’s weather and what’s expected later this evening. At least I know there’s bourbon at home waiting for me to make it through whatever Mother Nature throws my way today.

PS – Don’t forget to read the ad text itself and its mention of rationing out stocks of prewar whiskey. It’s a fascinating look into how the industry addressed a pretty big challenge.