Meadwood Straight Bourbon Ad Circa 1938

Today’s vintage bourbon ad comes from Meadwood Straight Bourbon circa 1938.

The ad’s a little small and hard to read but I like how they get right to the basics with the copy.

“Why Pay More? Try the only real test of a whiskey. Pur some in a glass and drink it.”

And that my folks is some sound advice to head into the weekend with.  Cheers!

About Patrick "Pops" Garrett

Patrick Garrett, "Pops" as he's known to his friends, is the founder of Bourbon & Banter, LLC and claims the title of Chief Drinking Officer (CDO). A long-time marketing professional and photographer, Pops hopes to use his professional experience and love of Bourbon to spread the Bourbon Gospel and help everyone realize the therapeutic power of having a good drink with friends.

Connect With Us

Bourbon & Banter is best shared socially. Make sure to connect and follow us via these social networks.

,