Old Forester Bourbon Advertisement Circa 1957

I’m a sucker for an advertisement that sells to my sense of entitlement. This Old Forester bourbon advertisement from 1957 does a great job in doing just that. “You’ve earned it…LIVED A LITTLE!” Why yes, I don’t mind if I do. Hehe…

Evidently the pace was pretty darn demanding back in 1957. I wasn’t alive back then to dispute the fact but I have a feeling that today’s pace is a tad bit more aggressive. Does that mean I should have something super special this evening?

Oh hell. Who am I kidding. I don’t need a reason to enjoy my bourbon and neither do you. Here’s to a great weekend of bourbon and banter!

Old Forester Bourbon Advertisement Circa 1957

About Patrick "Pops" Garrett

Patrick Garrett, "Pops" as he's known to his friends, is the founder of Bourbon & Banter, LLC and claims the title of Chief Drinking Officer (CDO). A long-time marketing professional and photographer, Pops hopes to use his professional experience and love of Bourbon to spread the Bourbon Gospel and help everyone realize the therapeutic power of having a good drink with friends.

Connect With Us

Bourbon & Banter is best shared socially. Make sure to connect and follow us via these social networks.

,

  1. Wes Berry August 10, 2012 at 9:44 am #

    From Kentucky, Cheers to you, Pops. Happy hour is just a work day away. I think it will be a Dry Manhattan afternoon.

    • Patrick "Pops" Garrett August 10, 2012 at 10:08 am #

      Same to you Wes! I was drinking bourbon on the patio last night past midnight so technically I had a morning happy hour. Still looking forward to tonight though. Enjoy!

  2. Wes Berry August 10, 2012 at 9:45 am #

    And by the way, that Forster ad reminds me of the show Mad Men, where they earn their bourbon throughout the work shift!

Leave a Reply