Beam to be sold to Suntory for $16 billion

Nothing like going to bed on your birthday and waking up to news that Japan’s Suntory Holdings Ltd is planning to purchase Beam for $16 billion. If everything goes as planned, Suntory would become the world’s 3rd largest maker of distiller drinks.

Suntory Whisky News Header

Nothing like going to bed on your birthday and waking up to news that Japan’s Suntory Holdings Ltd is planning to purchase Beam for $16 billion. If everything goes as planned, Suntory would become the world’s 3rd largest maker of distiller drinks. I’m sure we’re going to be reading a lot about this one this week. Until we get more details here’s a link to one of the original stories about the proposed acquisition.

Looks like it’s going to be Suntory Time, all the time.

Perhaps now my degree in Japanese Studies can be put to good use. Suntory, are you listening?