Bourbon Classic Returns to Louisville for 2016

The Bourbon Classic, an annual bourbon and culinary celebration held in Louisville Kentucky, will return for its fourth year on February 26 – 27 at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts.

The Bourbon Classic 2016 Header

The Bourbon Classic, an annual bourbon and culinary celebration held in Louisville Kentucky, will return for its fourth year on February 26 – 27 at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. I have greatly enjoyed attending the past two years and highly recommend it to anyone who loves bourbon, good food, and spending time learning about these things from the people who make them.

The event starts Friday night with From the Barrel to the Bar: Bourbon Classic Cocktail Challenge. Teams of master bartenders will be matched with an acclaimed chef and Bourbon Classic sponsor distillery, and then vie for the title of “perfect cocktail.” This event allows you to sample cocktails and food portions from some of the best restaurants in Louisville while you wait to see the outcome of the competition. A select panel of media personalities and industry experts will evaluate the cocktails individually and as pairings, then select the winner.

Saturday afternoon it is time for the Bourbon Classic University, a series of classes and workshops on bourbon. Last year these classes covered everything from how to pair bourbon and cheese, to bourbon collecting and I expect the line up to be just as informative this year. Take a break from class to attend the Bourbon Masters General Session. A panel of master distillers and brand representatives answer questions and tell stories that give the audience insight and a greater appreciation for the bourbon industry today.

Saturday evening the big event is the Bourbon Classic Taste. Savor bourbon tastings from the Bourbon Classic sponsor distillers, then meet the distiller representatives and discuss what makes their products unique. Food is provided this night as well and the quality and quantity has always been better than any other whiskey festival I have attended.

For a more complete picture of the weekend you can read my review of the 2015 Bourbon Classic, but if I have already convinced you that this is an event you need to attend, you can purchase tickets via the Kentucky Center’s website or call 502-584-7777 or 800-775-7777.