Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience

Our friends over at The Filson Historical Society asked that we shared with everyone that Michael Veach is hosting a Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience during Derby Week.

Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience Image

Our friends over at The Filson Historical Society asked that we shared with everyone that Michael Veach is hosting a Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience during Derby Week. Here’s the details from their official press release.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
It’s with great excitement we announce that The Filson Historical Society will be hosting an exclusive Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience Derby Week to benefit The Filson Historical Society.
The Filson Historical Society’s Michael Veach, author, bourbon historian and Director of the Filson Bourbon Academy.
Tuesday April 29 – DERBY WEEK – 21C Museum Hotel – 6:30-8:30 pm
Michael Veach will be pouring six tastings from three distilleries across the state. Each flight of whiskey will be paired with a brief history and discussion.
Brown-Forman
Heaven Hill
Michter’s
Craft specialty cocktails indicative of the season will be presented by Brown-Forman; Woodford Reserve Mint Julep and Old Fashioned – Woodford Reserve is the official bourbon of the Kentucky Derby
21C and Chef Levon Wallace will be offering hors d’oeuvres
Featuring chocolate truffles from Arteatables
Come enhance your appreciation of Bourbon and enjoy the excitement that surrounds all things Derby.
This event is sponsored by the Kentucky Distillers Association and the Louisville Convention and Visitors
Bureau and our exclusive media sponsors, The Bourbon Review.
This reception will walk attendees through six flights of whiskey, offer two specialty cocktails and hors d’oeuvres and sweet treats from Arteatables.
Tickets are $200 and can be purchased by visiting https://www.derbycitybourbon.com

If you haven’t had an opportunity to hear Mike speak about bourbon history you’re missing out. If you’re in Louisville  on April 29th you should definitely try to make it to this event. I’m sure it’s going to be a very enjoyable evening.  Make sure to tell Mike that Bourbon & Banter said “hello”.