St. Louis Bourbon Academy 2014

Bourbon Heritage Month keeps getting better and better. We’re pleased to announce that the Filson Bourbon Academy is returning to St. Louis on October 11th.

Poster about Bourbon Academy St. Louis

Bourbon Heritage Month keeps getting better and better. We’re pleased to announce that the Filson Bourbon Academy is returning to St. Louis on October 11th. Bourbon Hall of Fame member, Mike Veach, will once again be our host and will personally be responsible for boosting your bourbon IQ at least 160%.

This year we’ve partnered with Glen Echo Country Club to host the event and we’re looking forward spending the day learning about bourbon with other like-minded folks from the St. Louis area. Here’s all the details you need to know.

Filson Bourbon Academy with author & historian Michael Veach

Saturday, October 11th, 11-5pm at Glen Echo Country Club, St. Louis

The Filson Bourbon Academy  answers every question you ever had about the native spirit of the United States, but were afraid to ask.

  • “Was there any one person that invented Bourbon?”
  • “Why did rye whiskey fall out of favor until recently?”
  • “Where did Bourbon REALLY get it’s name?”
  • “How did whiskey end up aging in wood?”
  • “What makes an American whiskey a Bourbon?”
  • “What whiskeys were still being made during Prohibition?”

Come enhance your appreciation of Bourbon and increase your knowledge of Kentucky whiskey products at the Filson Bourbon Academy. This class is supported by the Kentucky Distillers Association, Bourbon & Banter and Glen Echo Country Club.

This six hour course will consist of lectures & stories pertaining to the history of Bourbon in Kentucky, as well as Bourbon tastings.

Topics to be addressed include:

  • “Farmer Distillers and the Birth of Bourbon”
  • “Bourbon and the Industrial Revolution”
  • “The Early 20th Century and Prohibition”
  • “Post-Prohibition and the Modern Era of Bourbon”

Join Michael Veach, former archivist for the legendary Stitzel-Weller Distillery and Join Michael Veach, former archivist for the legendary Stitzel-Weller Distillery and the Filson Historical Society in Louisville, KY , a recent inductee into the Bourbon Hall of Fame and author of the new bestselling book “Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey: An American Heritage” as he answers any & all questions about the true American spirit, in a condensed 6-hour version of his 4-week long Filson Bourbon Academy on the History of American Whiskey on Saturday, November 11th, from 11 AM-5 PM at Glen Echo Country Club – 3401 Lucas-Hunt Road, Normandy, MO 63121.

Tuition is $125 and all proceeds go to benefit the non-for-profit Filson Historical Society. This price includes lunch for each participant.

All attendees completing the course will be certified as a member of the Filson Bourbon Academy and made honorary members of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.

Attendance is extremely limited so sign-up quickly. (Only 50 seats available)

You must be at least 21 years of age to enroll.

This event has ended

This event is no longer available.