Archive | Bourbon Banter RSS feed for this section
We want to wish everyone a safe, yet spirited Halloween this weekend. And with all the craziness taking place in front of my house for the ridiculous Exorcism Live event I thought this photo was most appropriate. If you tune in to watch the show tonight keep in mind that off camera there are at least the following items present off camera to make sure this “real” event is properly staged.
- 4 semi-trucks
- 3 satellite trucks
- 3-4 generators
- 3 mobile offices (RVs)
- Shower stall truck
- Misc vans/trucks
- Smoke machines
- And more showing up every hour.
It’s a circus and a bloody mess. Just another reason why I think reality TV is slowly killing us.
At least I can sit back and drink some bourbon while the madness goes down. Cheers.
A quick follow-up regarding a post we did on Angel’s Envy’s “Toasts The Trees” initiative from early September. We’ll let the official press release do the talking.
ANGEL’S ENVY WILL PLANT 4,000 WHITE OAK TREES FOLLOWING SUCCESSFUL “TOAST THE TREES” INITIATIVE
World’s Highest-Rated Bourbon Whiskey Finished in Port Wine Barrels Aligns With the Arbor Day Foundation to Restore the Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky
Louisville, Kentucky (October 26, 2015) – Louisville Distilling Co. LLC, producers of the award-winning Angel’s Envy super-premium bourbon finished in port wine barrels, will partner with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant 4,000 white oak trees next spring as a result of the wildly successful “Toast the Trees” social media initiative this past September. The $16,000 donation will be used to restore the original composition of the Daniel Boone National Forest in Laurel County, Kentucky, and to make the site more productive for wildlife.
Thought we’d hop on the Throwback Thursday trend today and revisit some of the great vintage bourbon ads we’ve shared over the years. If you enjoy what you see below make sure to check out our Bourbon Ads Pinterest board as well as our complete list of vintage bourbon ads posted to the blog. Then go out and share your favorite using #tbt and #bourbongospel to spread the good word. Cheers!
- Maker’s Mark Third Still Now Operational November 23, 2015
- Recap of St. Louis’ Whiskey Festival – Whiskey in the Winter November 23, 2015
- Highlights from Whiskies of the World Atlanta November 20, 2015
- Whiskey in the Winter 2015 VIP Ticket Winners November 10, 2015
- Joe Louis Bourbon Revisited November 7, 2015
- Average American Bourbon Drinker July 9, 2012
- Bourbon Tooth Paste July 24, 2012
- The Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker August 15, 2012
- Old Forester Bourbon Advertisement Circa 1957 August 10, 2012
- Is Alcohol A Recession Proof Industry? August 27, 2012