Bourbontucky Documentary Release Party

Bourbontucky Documentary Logo

Got something a little different for everyone this weekend. We received an email from the folks behind Bourbontucky–a new documentary debuting on DirecTV on January 24th.

Turns out that they’re hosting an exclusive gathering on Tuesday, Jan 20th at a secret speakeasy in Downtown Los Angeles. Guests will get to participate in a guided bourbon tasting and enjoy cocktails from some of LA’s finest bartenders. Guests will also receive free Uber rides to and from the event!

So how do you get yourself on the guest list?

Head on over to their website, read the details and do what they request. (only involves a Tweet)

Learn more about Bourbontucky

Insider Tip: The event is for folks in the LA area only so make sure you fit that requirement. As a reader of Bourbon & Banter we highly recommended that you add #bourbongospel to the tweet as well to make it clear where you heard about event. Trust me, it’s the details that matter. ;)

And if you get to attend please take lots of photos as we’d love to have you write a recap post about the event to share on the blog. Good luck!

Comments { 0 }

Lost Prophet Bourbon Review

Lost Prophet Bourbon Header

Disclaimer: A sample of Lost Prophet bourbon was provided to me by Diageo, just as Barterhouse, Old Blowhard & Rhetoric were for my earlier reviews. I appreciate their willingness to allow Bourbon & Banter to review the bourbon with no strings attached. Thank you.

Let’s kick off the 2015 bourbon review cycle with our Lost Prophet bourbon review.

Lost Prophet is the fourth, and most recent, release from Diageo’s Orphan Barrel Whiskey Distilling Company.

Distilled in 1991 at the George T. Stagg Distillery (now known as Buffalo Trace) and moved to Stitzel-Weller for storage, Lost Prophet’s mash bill is 75-78% corn, 7-10% barley and 15% rye–similar to Buffalo Trace’s Mash Bill #2 used for Ancient Age and Blanton’s.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

2015 Bourbon Wall Calendar

2015 Bourbon Wall Calendar Image

Another year, another opportunity to hang bourbon on your wall.

We’ve updated our 2014 Bourbon Wall Calendar for 2015 and it’s now available for purchase via Lulu.com.

Each month features a different bourbon inspired photo exclusive to Bourbon & Banter and taken at several of your favorite distillers like Four Roses, Maker’s Mark and Willett.

It’s the perfect addition to your bourbon collection and also makes a great gift for the bourbon lover who could use a little help keeping track of time.

Buy the 2015 Bourbon Wall Calendar Now

Note: This is the same calendar as 2014 but with updated dates reflective of 2015.

Comments { 0 }

2015: Year of the Bourbon Patriot

Year of the Bourbon Patriot Image

Happy New Year everyone! As we bring another year to a close we’d like to thank everyone for their support and assistance in helping to spread the bourbon gospel. When we launched Bourbon & Banter a few years ago, we had no idea what to expect. All we wanted was to connect with other bourbon drinkers and help folks learn about bourbon in a pressure free environment. Back then if you had told us that by the end of 2014 we would have over 12,000 fans on Facebook, 11,000+ Twitter followers and over 1 million blog visitors we would have never believed you.

While the numbers are significant, what’s most important and humbling to us are the comments and feedback we get from the community about how we’ve helped them learn more about bourbon and connect with fellow bourbon lovers around the country. Each and everyone one of you have made Bourbon & Banter what it is today. And for that you have our deepest thanks and admiration.

As we head into a new year, we’re excited about the opportunity to continue with you on our shared bourbon journey. There’s never been a better time to be a bourbon drinker and 2015 is sure to be another amazing year for both the bourbon industry and bourbon consumer. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }