Safe Ride Home: Thanks Campari!

This press release came across my desk last week courtesy of the folks at Campari. I thought it was a pretty cool use of emerging technology to connect with alcohol consumers. Liquor brands have had a hard time figuring out how to use digital and mobile technologies to connect with consumers in a sustainable and impactful manner while conforming to all the rules and laws around those of legal drinking age (LDA). I’m curious to see if Campari continues to use this approach based on initial results. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Is Shaker 33 the Best Cocktail Shaker Since Prohibition?

Disclaimer: A prototype of the Shaker 33 and a bottle of bourbon  was provided to us by the creator’s for this review. We appreciate their willingness to allow Bourbon & Banter to review their product in advance of their KickStarter campaign launching with no strings attached. Thank you.

“The Best Cocktail Shaker Since Prohibition”

That’s the bold statement Shaker 33 uses on Kickstarter.com to catch your attention and draw you in to learn more about their product and campaign. It’s a highly effective tagline and one that I’m sure will spark much debate as people learn more about Shaker 33 over the next 31 days.

We received a prototype of the Shaker 33 a few weeks ago and decided to see if it really delivered on what the creators state are the products innovative features and advantages over the more traditional cobbler and Boston shakers. The video above provides an overview of the product, how it’s used and our overall thoughts on whether or not you should consider Shaker 33 Kickstarter Campaign. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

I.W. Harper Bourbon Review

Disclaimer: A sample of  I.W. Harper  was provided to us by Diageo for this review. We appreciate their willingness to allow Bourbon & Banter to review the booze with no strings attached. Thank you.

It’s been a few months now since Diageo announced that they were bringing I.W. Harper bourbon back to the U.S. market after a 20-year hiatus. As  fan of older I.W. Harper bourbon, I was curious to see how Diageo’s new version of the classic would measure up against the I.W. Harper of years gone by. Watch our video above to find out what we thought about both the non-age-stated and 15-year releases of I.W. Harper. Below you’ll find a copy of the original press release announcing Harper’s return to the U.S. market.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Happy 4th of July

happy-4th-of-july-2015