11 Problems Every Bourbon Lover Understands

11 Problems Every Bourbon Lover Understands Header

There’s only a few days left in Bourbon Heritage month which undoubtedly will be causing many of you to shed a tear in sorrow this week. In an attempt to cheer you up I’ve compiled a list of 11 problems every bourbon lover understands. I hope you enjoy it and feel inclined to share it with fellow bourbon loving friends.

  1. Racing to get to a liquor store before your favorite limited release sells out
    Bourbon releases are hard to predict. You might have a general idea of the time a year a limited release will hit the stores but you really never know exactly when or where it will show up. There is nothing worse than seeing a Facebook post that your local store has received their Old Forester Birthday Bourbon and then realizing the post was from two days ago and it is probably all sold out now.

  2. Your friends and colleagues keep asking you where they can get some Pappy
    Unless you have a lot of friends who are hedge fund managers or you are good friends with a liquor store owner, there is a very good chance they will be disappointed with your answer. Continue Reading →
Comments { 0 }

The Bourbon Social – Enjoy A Discount

The Bourbon Social Discount

The end of Bourbon Heritage Month doesn’t mean the bourbon good times need to come to end. October 1st – 11th there will be an epic celebration of bourbon and all things Kentucky. The Bourbon Social features 13 events including a seminar series, a bourbon bar crawl, brunches, a garden party, a progressive dinner, a cocktail competition and the main event. Over twenty-five of Kentucky’s best bourbons will be featured along with other barrel aged, beer, wines and spirits. Let’s lift our spirits up and cheers to our love for the spirit of the Bluegrass!

Bourbon & Banter readers are entitled to a discount of 15% off their ticket purchase, by using code Bourbon15 at checkout.

For a full list of events, details and to purchase tickets visit www.thebourbonsocial.com.

Comments { 0 }

Smooth Ambler Old Scout Bourbon Review

Smooth Ambler Old Scout Bourbon Header

Disclaimer: A sample of Smooth Ambler Old Scout Straight Bourbon Whiskey was provided by Smooth Ambler Spirits for this review. I appreciate their willingness to allow Bourbon & Banter to review the whiskey with no strings attached. Thank you.

I have to admit that I’m very wary of the “craft” spirits movement, especially when that really just involves companies slapping overpriced label art on a bottle of 4-6 year old MGP juice and calling it their own. But Smooth Ambler Spirits strikes a unique balance between the world of Non-Distiller Producers and actual Craft Distillers, by not only blending some kickass MGP barrels for their Old Scout brand, but also dedicating time, energy, and funds into crafting a grain-to-glass spirit in the heart of West Virginia. Their own distillate is coming of age this month (!!!!) and I cannot wait to taste it. But for now, I will have to satisfy myself with this fantastic bottle of Old Scout 7 year. Here’s what SAS says about the bottle: Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

The Southern Gentleman Cocktail Featuring Willett

The Southern Gentleman Cocktail featuring Willett

It’s not everyday that you find a cocktail recipe that uses Willett Family Estate Rye so we thought it would be the perfect way to celebrate the end of another long week. This recipe was created by Peter Bodenheimer over at BarNotes.com and was provided to use by our friends at Willett. We hope you enjoy and have a great weekend.

Comments { 0 }