On Valentine’s Day, Say It With Whiskey

Valentine's Day Lloyd Dobler Advice

Experts long to give advice when it comes to love and Valentine’s Day. They tell you what to say, how to say it and what to wear while saying it. If you ask us, that’s a lot to try to figure out. By the time you get a plan together you’re too tired and freaked out to execute. Then you’re left with nothing more than a stinking mess of love gone wrong on the most romantic holiday of the year.

No thank you Mr. and Mrs. Love Experts! This year we’re turning the sage himself–Mr. Lloyd Dobler.

Keep it simple and be yourself. Say Anything you want to your love this Valentine’s Day. Just make sure to say it with whiskey.

Trust us. You can’t go wrong with this strategy. Who doesn’t want to look out the window and see the love of their life holding aloft a barrel, bottle or glass of whiskey to celebrate their undying love and conviction. (Just a suggestions but we think a barrel would probably have the greatest impact.)

They’ll know that if you’re willing to profess your love over whiskey, and share it with them, that it’s the real deal. A love that is fully committed, genuine and going to last.

Throw away the love advice columns. Burn the romantic self-help books. Stop answering your mother’s calls asking if you’ve gotten a Valentine’s present yet.

Grab your whiskey, get in your car and head on over to the one you love. Strike a pose, crank the radio up and show them how much they mean to you.  Good luck!

PS – Avoid the use of flavored whiskey or whiskey from an undisclosed producer when professing your love as your actions may be interpreted as less than honest and sincere.

Comments { 0 }

Drink Safely on Friday the 13th

A brief reminder to be safe today since it’s Friday the 13th. Make sure you’re always with a drinking today and that you’re drinking bourbon. Not even Jason Voorhees would dare to do anything that would cause you to spill a glass of bourbon.

As for those of you drinking flavored whiskies, well…you’re on your own. Good luck.

Friday The 13th – Don't Drink Alone

Comments { 0 }

San Antonio Cocktail Conference 2015 Recap

Bourbon & Banter was very graciously invited back by the folks at the San Antonio Cocktail Conference to attend their spectacular event that focuses on all of the great booze and food across the country and in the city of San Antonio. It is an event filled with opportunities to learn about liquor, its history, cocktail making, food pairings, and what is new and hot in the industry. Classroom sessions (always taught alongside a few choice cocktails) are complemented by blow-out bashes that feature live bands and world-class cocktails set amongst the historic backdrop of downtown San Antonio. Not only is the event perfect for any cocktail lover and foodie, it is also a philanthropic venture that raises proceeds for the Houston Street Charities. For 2015, we had a very special San Antonio local cover the conference for us. A big thank you to Mr. Antonio Gonzalez for representing the Bourbon & Banter team in Texas and for Kristian Jaime for taking some amazing photos of the conference. Below are Antonio’s highlights and favorite cocktail recipes from this year’s SACC. Cheers!

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

Winter Storm Juno Bourbon Stockpile Advice

Winter Storm Juno Weather Map Image

To all of our friends in the path of Winter Storm Juno please stay safe, warm and well stocked with your favorite bourbon. Here’s a map from WeatherChannel.com with the most recent snow predictions along with our stockpile recommendations. Based on year’s of liquor industry research we feel confident that these stock levels will get you through at least 24-48 hours of being stuck in your home due to snow and bad weather conditions.  Good luck!

Comments { 0 }