Joe Louis Bourbon Revisited

Joe Louis Whiskey Circa 1952

This week I was reminded why I love bourbon so much. It has this ability to bring people together to share stories and life experiences like no other alcohol. Case in point, I posted an old whiskey ad featuring Joe Louis bourbon back in May of 2013. A little over a year later, Chuck L. found the post while doing an Internet search and left me the following comment on the post:

Pops, I found your article during an Internet search. I was talking to a person this morning about my grandfather who was manager at Bonds Mill / Old Joe / DSP-KY-35 during the 50s. This person told me that Joe Louis Whiskey was bottled there. (I can’t remember if he said distilled.) I will be finding out more and will let you know what I find if you are still interested. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }

It’s Bourbon For Your Wall – 2016 Bourbon Calendar

2016 Bourbon & Banter Wall Calendar

Today we’re happy to announce that the 2016 version of our bourbon calendar is now available for order. The 2016 edition includes the same photos and layout as last year’s edition but with a few additional drinking holidays added to the calendar. We feel it’s the perfect gift for the bourbon lover who needs a little help keeping track of things other than their bourbon collection. It’s the perfect addition to any office, kitchen or bar.

We hope you enjoy the updated edition and share it with other bourbon lovers in your life.

Shop Now for the Bourbon Calendar

Comments { 0 }

Have A Safe and Spirited Halloween

Exorcism Live Photo

We want to wish everyone a safe, yet spirited Halloween this weekend. And with all the craziness taking place in front of my house for the ridiculous Exorcism Live event I thought this photo was most appropriate. If you tune in to watch the show tonight keep in mind that off camera there are at least the following items present off camera to make sure this “real” event is properly staged.

  • 4 semi-trucks
  • 3 satellite trucks
  • 3-4 generators
  • 3 mobile offices (RVs)
  • Shower stall truck
  • Misc vans/trucks
  • Smoke machines
  • And more showing up every hour.

It’s a circus and a bloody mess. Just another reason why I think reality TV is slowly killing us.

At least I can sit back and drink some bourbon while the madness goes down. Cheers.

Comments { 0 }

Update: Angel’s Envy Will Plant 4,000 White Oak Trees

Angel's Envy Toast The Trees Photo

A quick follow-up regarding a post we did on Angel’s Envy’s “Toasts The Trees” initiative from early September. We’ll let the official press release do the talking.

World’s Highest-Rated Bourbon Whiskey Finished in Port Wine Barrels Aligns With the Arbor Day Foundation to Restore the Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky

Louisville, Kentucky (October 26, 2015) – Louisville Distilling Co. LLC, producers of the award-winning Angel’s Envy super-premium bourbon finished in port wine barrels, will partner with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant 4,000 white oak trees next spring as a result of the wildly successful “Toast the Trees” social media initiative this past September. The $16,000 donation will be used to restore the original composition of the Daniel Boone National Forest in Laurel County, Kentucky, and to make the site more productive for wildlife.

Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }