Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944

Woke up this morning to the sound of freezing rain hitting my bedroom windows. All I wanted to do was stay in my warm bed and sleep through the bad weather. Unfortunately I had to get up and trudge on into work. As such I think this ad is perfect based on today’s weather and what’s expected later this evening. At least I know there’s bourbon at home waiting for me to make it through whatever Mother Nature throws my way today.

Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944 Image

 PS – Don’t forget to read the ad text itself and its mention of rationing out stocks of prewar whiskey. It’s a fascinating look into how the industry addressed a pretty big challenge.

Comments { 1 }

Beer, Bourbon, Bikes + Bacon

A quick shout out for a local event happening here in St. Louis on Saturday, December 7th. I encourage you to check out the event’s Facebook page to learn more and plan your visit accordingly.

Beer, Bourbon, Bikes + Bacon  Flyer

Comments { 0 }

2014 Bourbon Wall Calendar

bourbon-banter-2014-wall-calendar

If there’s one thing every bourbon lover wants it’s more time to enjoy their favorite beverage.

Unfortunately science hasn’t figured out a way to create more hours in a day so we’re unable to physically give the “gift of time”. However, all of us at Bourbon & Banter put our heads together and decided that the next best thing would be a gift to help you keep track of time.

It’s with great pride we introduce the first edition of our 2014 Bourbon & Banter Bourbon Wall Calendar.

Now you can give your favorite bourbon drinker a full year of time in a ready to use format. Filled with bourbon-themed imagery and featuring bourbon-related holidays (e.g., National Bourbon Day and Repeal Day), the 2014 Bourbon & Banter calendar is sure to be one of their favorite gifts this holiday season.

Head on over to Lulu.com or our calendar product page for more details on how to order a copy in time for the holidays. And when buying for the bourbon lover in your life don’t forget yourself. You know that the calendar would be the perfect addition to your home and/or office.

All of us at Bourbon & Banter thank you for spending the past year with us and we look forward to helping you keep track of 2014 in bourbon style.

Comments { 0 }

December Bourbon Wallpaper

It’s hard to believe that it’s already December. 11 bourbon filled months are behind us as square-up to tackle the final month of the year. As we head into the home stretch I offer up this final bourbon wallpaper for 2013.

I felt it was fitting to create a bourbon wallpaper that was a mash-up of some of my favorite images from 2013. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I’ve enjoyed putting the monthly bourbon wallpapers together.

As always, click on the image below for a larger version and then save to your computer in a convenient location. Then follow your operating system’s instructions for how to use it as your desktop wallpaper. Then your done and on your way to impressing your friends with your new computer artwork.

If you like this month’s wallpaper you might want to check out our previous installments as well – 12 Months of Bourbon Wallpaper

Bourbon Banter December 2013 Wallpaper

You can also purchase a prints of the photos featured in this month’s wallpaper as part of our Barrel Proof Fine Art Print series.

View Barrel Proof Prints for Sale

PS – Please spread the word about our  December Bourbon Wallpaper. The more people we get using them the easier it is to spread the Bourbon gospel.

Comments { 0 }