St. Patrick’s Day Irish Whiskey Schwag Giveaway

St. Patrick's Day Irish Whiskey Schwag Giveaway Photo

We’re less than a month away from that one day of the year when everyone is Irish – St. Patrick’s Day.

As you know last year I did a review of an Irish Whiskey to celebrate my Irish heritage and take a wee break from drinking bourbon. I’m going to do the same thing again this year since the folks at Castle Brands sent me several samples of Irish whiskey to taste. And in addition to the whiskey samples, they offered up some Irish whiskey schwag items for us to giveaway to Bourbon & Banter readers via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. All total we’ve got three-(3) Irish whiskey schwag packs to give away containing “Irish to the Core” t-shirts as well as Clontarf and Knappogue Castle branded flasks.  Continue Reading →

Comments { 1 }

Jefferson’s Bourbon Review: Presidential Select 25 Year Old

Jefferson's Bourbon: Presidential Select 25 Year Old

Back in December 2013, Jefferson’s Bourbon put out an official statement announcing the release of their latest bottling – Presidential Select 25 Year Old and Presidential Select 30 Year Old. Based on Master Blender Trey Zoeller’s “luck” in finding older barrels of bourbon for bottling, and my previous experience with the brand, I knew that I wanted to get my hands on some tasting samples to see how these new releases would compare to their recent Presidential Select 21 Year Old release and their extremely popular Presidential Select 18 Year Old.

If you read my review of Presidential Select 21 Year Old you know that it fell short of my expectations and lacked the flavor profile of what I tend to look for in a well-aged bourbon. While I didn’t really care for it, especially at its price point, several folks contacted me and let me know how much they enjoyed the 21 Year Old release and shared how they were buying up as many bottles as they could find. Well aware that my opinion is nothing more than my own, the goal of this review – as with all of my reviews – is to provide you with some information and context around the product while sharing my opinion on whether or not it lives up to the marketing promise and is worth the purchase price. Continue Reading →

Comments { 1 }

New Glencairn Whisky Glass

Glencairn Whisky Glass Photo

We’re excited to announce that we just added 3 new custom designs to our Glencairn Whisky Glass section of our bourbon shop.

Along with our original Bourbon & Banter logo glass we now offer:

  • Drink American, Drink Bourbon
  • I Don’t Usually Drink Bourbon
  • If I Cannot Drink Bourbon

Whether your buy your favorite or all three, we hope you enjoy these new designs and find them helpful in spreading the bourbon gospel.

Buy A Glencairn Whisky Glass Now

Comments { 0 }

Duke’s Beef Jerky Review: The Bourbon Edition

Duke's Beef Jerky Review Photo

Beef and bourbon. Bourbon and beef. No matter how you say it those two words are magical. So it’s only natural that people who make beef jerky would create products that feature bourbon. One only needs to visit the Jim Beam American Stillhouse to find out just how big of a market there is for bourbon flavored jerky. Jim Beam jerky to be exact. So when the folks at Duke’s reached out to offer us some samples to try of their Honey Bourbon Beef Jerky and Bourbon Glaze Beef Steak Strips we were glad to accept.

As you read my Duke’s beef jerky review below please keep in mind that I am by no means a beef jerky aficionado. I enjoy beef jerky but typically rely on others to bring it to events or on road trips. I think I’ve purchased less than 5 bags of it in my lifetime. Just something to consider as you read through my tasting notes. Continue Reading →

Comments { 0 }