The #BOURBON Toast Results Are In

We love our online #BOURBON community. You guys are simply amazing!

We put out a request for help toasting #BOURBON in order to break our single day Tweet record and you guys crushed it.

Individuals from around the world helped us toast #BOURBON as well as the big brand themselves like Four Roses, Willet, Maker’s Mark, Heaven Hill and Jim Beam. It was simply amazing to watch it all unfold on Friday. We are extremely humbled by everyone’s willingness to come out and support our toast to America’s Native Spirit.

What where the results of our #BOURBON toasting efforts?

On Friday, there was a total of 1,733 tweets that used the hashtag #BOURBON. That’s almost a 370% increase over the daily average of just 370.

Holy crap that’s almost 5x the number of #BOURBON tweets!

That’s a huge increase in just one day and no major ad campaign or budget to promote the toast.  You guys rock!

The #BOURBON Toast Results Are In

We may not have gotten #BOURBON trending on Twitter but we definitely kicked ass.

At 1,733 tweets, #BOURBON trounced the daily averages for #vodka (1,295), #tequila (1,592) and gin (484).

Let everyone remember that Friday, September 27, 2013 belonged to #BOURBON.

Here’s a few other notable nuggets resulting from everyone’s toast to #BOURBON on Friday:

  • 2.6 million estimated impressions on Twitter
  • 1,733 tweets by 969 people (imagine if we could get 5,000 people to toast #BOURBON)
  • Tweet type: 54% retweets | 32% regular tweet | 14% replies

And for those of you who enjoy a good word cloud here’s one from the day of the toast:

The #BOURBON Toast Results Are In

We want to thank everyone again for being a part of our historic toast to #BOURBON. We definitely achieved our goal of setting a new record for #BOURBON while beating out the other top liquors on Twitter. We’re already looking forward to next year and hope to beat this year’s record by a huge margin.

PS – To celebrate the success of our toast make sure to watch @BourbonBanter on Twitter today. We’re giving away a Mint Julep Bourbon Tour to one lucky winner today who helps share the results of our toast. Look for our tweet & maybe you’ll get a free tour as the ultimate thank you. Good luck!

Comments { 0 }

Celebrate National Coffee Day with Bourbon

Celebrate National Coffee Day with Bourbon

It’s Sunday morning. It’s National Coffee Day. And it’s always a great day for Bourbon.

In 2009, I went on my first tour of the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky. It provided all of the familiar smells of mash and oak, and the tour was fascinating as always. The end of a distillery tour is a favorite of mine, as it usually features a tasting. At Buffalo Trace, we were offered the namesake Bourbon, a sampling of white dog, and something I had never seen before: Bourbon Cream. A longtime fan of Irish Cream (in coffee, especially), I was pleasantly surprised that this standard had been Kentucky-ized, Bourbon-ized.

Bourbon Cream features the familiar indulgent creaminess of a cream liquor, but also lends those uniquely Bourbon caramel, vanilla, and slight oaky flavors of Bourbon. At the time, this product was sold exclusively in the Buffalo Trace gift shop. I left with a case. Thankfully, Buffalo Trace has since expanded distribution (email info@buffalotrace.com or call 866-729-3722 for complete availability information). But I suggest picking up a bottle (or a case) next time you can make to the Buffalo Trace Distillery.

Bourbon Cream is fantastic on the rocks, and especially over ice cream. But my preferred method of consumption will always be as the extra special, slightly boozy, cream in my coffee. And if your local coffee roaster features a Bourbon coffee, it makes the experience even better. On my last trip to Lexington, Kentucky, I stopped by Coffee Time Coffee House and picked up a pound of Kentucky Bourbon Coffee (they also make Bourbon Ball flavored beans). The smell of this coffee brewing is the best way for a Bourbon lover to shake off that morning grogginess. Add a pour of Bourbon Cream, and raise your mugs in salute to National Coffee Day

Comments { 0 }

A Twitter Toast to #BOURBON

A Twitter Toast to #BOURBON

Today’s the day folks. The day we make history. The day we give #BOURBON it’s moment in the sun on Twitter.  That’s right folks. It’s #BOURBON go time.

A few weeks ago we first posted about our desire to boost #BOURBON visibility online – most notably Twitter. That day has finally come and we hope that you will join your fellow #BOURBON lovers to profess your love of American’s Native Spirit by tweeting about #BOURBON throughout the day and encouraging others to do the same. Here’s a few ways that you can help us spread the #BOURBON gospel.

  • Add the hashtag – #BOURBON – to your tweets today. Every use of #BOURBON helps us get closer to our goal
  • Encourage your friends to send out a tweet or two today using #BOURBON
  • RT others who are using the #BOURBON hashtag and follow them
  • Encourage your favorite celebrities* to get involved and tweeting #BOURBON by sending them this link – http://bit.ly/15MlDmX
  • Search for people on Twitter using the hashtag #whiskyfest and invite them to help us support #BOURBON (9/27 is same day as WhiskyFest after all)

Anything you do to help us spread the word will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for being a part of our community and sharing in all things #BOURBON.

Almost forgot, we’re going to pick a few people randomly that use #BOURBON today and give them some very cool bourbon schwag from some of our favorite brands like Art Eatables, Four Roses, Maker’s Mark, Willett, Buffalo Trace, Big House Bourbon, Woodford Reserve and more.

*Don’t follow any celebrities? Here’s a few you can reach out to and request they join our cause:

But don’t stop here. Track down your favorite celeb and ask them to join our toast.

Comments { 0 }

Jim Beam Bourbon Ad Circa 1985

Today we’re featuring a Jim Beam Bourbon advertisement from Mechanix magazine back in May of 1985 courtesy of Bourbon & Banter reader Jim Thorpe. I don’t have much to say about this one other than while these folks were enjoying Jim Beam bourbon, I was graduating 8th grade and preparing myself for high school.  Hope that doesn’t make anyone feel old.  Cheers!