Are You A Bourbon Evangelist?

Do you consider yourself a bourbon evangelist? You know, the one that’s always preaching the bourbon gospel and letting your friends to enjoy your latest bottle acquisition?

If so, we’ve got the shirt for you. Allow us to introduce the Bourbon & Banter Bourbon Evangelist tee. We thought it was high time that we had a shirt that showcased our dedication to spreading the bourbon gospel.

Cool, right?

Are You A Bourbon Evangelist?As part of Bourbon Heritage month we’re going to make the shirt available for pre-order on the site very soon. Please make sure to come back and check on our progress so you don’t miss your chance to own this one-of-a-kind shirt. And since we’re all in this bourbon thing together we’re going discount the price of shirt for every 100 shirts we sell during the month of September. Spreading the bourbon gospel is definitely going to pay off.

Let us know what you think of the shirt and stay tuned for more details soon.

Comments { 0 }

Old Forester Bourbon Ad Circa 1950

What better ad to celebrate Bourbon Heritage Month with than this classic 1950′s Old Forester ad featuring the venerable Mint Julep. Whether you like Mint Juleps or not, they’re part of bourbon culture and everyone has their favorite recipe.

What’s your bourbon of choice when making a Mint Julep? Let us know in the comments below.

Old Forester Bourbon Ad Circa 1950

Comments { 0 }

When It Comes To Bourbon, Never Assume

When It Comes To Bourbon, Never Assume

We’ve all heard the saying, “You know what happens when you assume….”; I doubt I need to complete that statement.

I recently took my girlfriend out to dinner at a very nice restaurant. Not “black tie nice”, but not somewhere you’d feel comfortable wearing a muscle shirt and board shorts. Anyways, the restaurant had a decent selection of small batch bourbons, including Pritchard’s Double Barrel Bourbon. The store I work at has had issues keeping Pritchard’s in stock and I hadn’t had a glass of their Double Barrel in over a year, so I went ahead and ordered a glass.

And I assumed.

Our waitress was great. She knew the menu front to back, was very knowledgeable about the wine selection and even recommended a few summer cocktails.

But I still assumed.

When I ordered my bourbon neat, our waitress asked if I’d like anything with it. I assumed she meant a splash of water or maybe a glass of ice on the side, so I simply said “neat”. She said “okay” and walked away. I assumed she knew the difference between neat, a splash of water and on the rocks.

I was wrong.

About 5 minutes later she set a drink in front of me that was filled to the brim with ice. I saw my girlfriend’s face and waved her off, because other than this, our waitress was great. Besides, if I did return the drink it’d just be a waste. I’ve actually seen bartenders throw out drinks that were made improperly. I get it if it’s a cheap drink, but not a glass of bourbon, and definitely not one of Pritchard’s quality. So I chose to drink my bourbon before it was too watered-down. Our waitress came back and asked if I’d like another, but this time I dropped the technical phrasing and simply said, “Yes, but no ice.”

Fast-forward a few weeks and I’m with some friends at T.G.I.Friday’s, and the drinks are flowing. Towards the end of our meal I ordered a round of a certain Tennessee Whiskey (this particular location only had one bourbon in stock and I prefer any Tennessee Whiskey to that brand of bourbon), and to my shock our 18-year old waitress asked if I preferred neat or on the rocks! Without missing a beat my buddy Knox told her she’d earned her tip with that one question.

The moral of this story is simple: don’t assume everyone knows what you know, even when it is something you consider basic. Having worked in the service industry I can tell you that as long as you are polite, waiters, waitresses and bartenders would rather have you be clear and concise as to what you want and how you want it, as opposed to finding out they did it wrong after the fact.

Comments { 0 }

September Bourbon Wallpaper

Since we’re celebrating National Bourbon Heritage Month in September we decided to create a special bourbon wallpaper featuring some of our favorite bourbons. It’s a bit different from previous bourbon wallpaper’s but we think it’s the perfect fit for our month-long celebration of all things bourbon. Let us know if you can identify each of the bourbon bottle silhouettes featured in this month’s wallpaper.

Click on the image below for a larger version and then save to your computer in a convenient location. Then follow your operating system’s instructions for how to use it as your desktop wallpaper. Then your done and on your way to impressing your friends with your new computer artwork.

If you like this month’s wallpaper you might want to check out our previous installments as well - 12 Months of Bourbon Wallpaper. Check back in October when we have another ready for download.

September Bourbon Wallpaper

PS – Please spread the word about our September Bourbon Wallpaper. The more people we get using them the easier it is to spread the Bourbon gospel.

Comments { 0 }