View Post

A Barrel Aged Cocktail for the Creative

In Cocktails by Jim KnudsenLeave a Comment

Imagine with me the vision of a full barrel of your favorite cocktail, mixed to your personal taste and quietly aging, absorbing rich flavors and smoothing out the combination of ingredients to create the ultimate flavor combination. It’s sitting there waiting for you, does it make you thirsty? Can you force yourself to wait until it reaches maturity? Welcome to the experience of barrel aging cocktails.

With this vision firmly in mind, I began to research cocktails. I checked some references including a previous post on Bourbon and Banter (A Barrel Aged Cocktail Adventure, by Erin Petrey). I finally got my barrels, 2 two liter barrels, as a Christmas gift from my oldest son. He is also very interested in bourbon, what can I say, the acorn does not fall far from the tree.