View Post

Wyoming Whiskey Private Stock Barrel #1537 Review

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by Bob BennettLeave a Comment

I’m fortunate I had a full bottle of this to review, so I could take a little extra time and enjoy multiple pours over the course of a few weeks. The more time I spent with it, the more I enjoyed it as it has a unique nose and flavor profile that I don’t find often. A drop of water took out some ethanol notes on the nose and brought forward the cinnamon that wasn’t noticeable previously. The honey hits you as soon as the whiskey hits your tongue, with the caramel being more present after a drop of water. Being that it’s summer when I’m drinking this, the orange & honey together are a perfect accent to the season. A medium-to-full-bodied mouthfeel helps accentuate the finish, lingering a little longer than one would expect for a 5-year old whiskey. A great pour all the way through.