View Post

Proud Drinker: Show Off Your Love for Bourbon

In Gear Reviews by Erin PetreyLeave a Comment

Disclosure: Proud-Drinker.com provided stickers for Bourbon & Banter to review. I am sure we have all seen those cars plastered with those seemingly cryptic numbers that actually extoll the running abilities of the person behind the wheel: 13.1, 26.2, 70.3 (!!!). Runners are a proud people and like to wear markers of their physical accomplishments on their sleeves and their bumpers. But though these marathon feats are impressive, us Bourbon Evangelists are also a proud people who enjoy sharing our appreciation for that brown liquid we love. This is where Proud Drinker comes in.  The folks at Proud Drinker thought …

View Post

Celebrate National Coffee Day with Bourbon

In Banter, Cocktails by Erin PetreyLeave a Comment

It’s Sunday morning. It’s National Coffee Day. And it’s always a great day for Bourbon.  In 2009, I went on my first tour of the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky. It provided all of the familiar smells of mash and oak, and the tour was fascinating as always. The end of a distillery tour is a favorite of mine, as it usually features a tasting. At Buffalo Trace, we were offered the namesake Bourbon, a sampling of white dog, and something I had never seen before: Bourbon Cream. A longtime fan of Irish Cream (in coffee, especially), I was …

View Post

Boozy Bourbon Cupcakes

In Food by Erin PetreyLeave a Comment

Though I enjoy drinking Bourbon on all occasions – even when there isn’t quite an occasion to drink for – to me, Bourbon holds a special celebratory quality. Every Christmas, my family whips up large batches of homemade eggnog, generously laced with Bourbon (we also add rum, but that is a story for another time). Come the first Saturday in May, we find our Julep cups brimming with mint-infused Bourbon cocktails. On every birthday, a shot (or many) is ordered for the birthday girl or guy. So when tasked with baking cupcakes for a dear friend’s birthday party, I thought: …

View Post

The Blueberry Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe

In Cocktails by Erin PetreyLeave a Comment

Erin Petrey is our featured guest blogger today. Erin resides in Washington, D.C. but her heart is in KY. A devoted bourbon ambassador, Erin hopes to join Bourbon & Banter to help us on our mission to spread the bourbon gospel. Please check out her twist on the classic Old Fashioned below and let us know if she’s a keeper. [hr] The Old Fashioned is a classic cocktail and one of my absolute favorites. This drink has roots that reach all the way back to the beginning of the 19th century. Originally made by mixing bitters, sugar, water, and a …