View Post

Angel’s Envy – #Bourbonjourney Review #2

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by 1 Comment

Welcome back to the next stop on our ongoing #bourbonjourney, where today we’ll be taking a second look at the port wine finished bourbon, Angels Envy. During the last week of each month, I pour a dram from the same bottle of Angels Envy and present my thoughts here, sharing with you the changes that occur to the spirit as it sat in the bottle over the course of the past month. If you missed the first round of tasting notes last month, you may want to go back and read that post to get up to speed before continuing on with this one.

View Post

Celebrating National Scotch Day with Syndicate 58/6

In Scotch Whiskey Reviews by Leave a Comment

For those of you active on social media, I’m sure you’ve come to notice that just about every other day is someone’s “Special Day.” Whatever your interest may be, there has likely been a day set aside to not only acknowledge your interest but to celebrate and share your joy with others who have the same passion. I mean, who doesn’t get excited about National Grilled Cheese Day? Or National Doughnut Day?

View Post

Pack Your Bags!! We’re Going On A #Bourbonjourney

In Banter by Leave a Comment

Let me be the first to welcome you aboard the Bourbon Express!! Please step forward with your ticket in hand and prepare yourselves for a fun, interactive experience as we explore one of America’s greatest treasures – BOURBON! We are about to embark on a year-long bourbon journey that will begin the second you pop open your bottle and catch that initial whiff of sweet corn, and will continue, well, until we run out of whiskey. In case you missed my first post on this topic, let me take a moment to catch you up to speed.

View Post

A Proposed Bourbon Journey

In Banter by Leave a Comment

How long does a bottle of whiskey last? A week? A month? 2 months? 2 years? I realize there are many different factors that contribute to how you will answer that question, and undoubtedly, it will not be the same for every bottle you buy. I ask this question because I have noticed time and time again how the whiskeys I have purchased change over time… sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. But generally speaking, after a certain amount of time has passed, each one seems to hit a “sweet spot” of unparalleled deliciousness. Whiskey begins to come to life early on within …