View Post

Belle Meade Bourbon Review

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by Leave a Comment

I was sitting in a bookstore several months ago reading Garden & Gun when I stumbled across a review for Belle Meade Bourbon. Anytime I see a review for a bourbon I’m not familiar with I take notice, but seeing as how many people point to Garden & Gun’s reviews of and articles on the Pappy Van Winkle line of bourbons to explain their jump from bourbon geek fame to mainstream America fame, I was even more intrigued. Glancing over the Belle Meade Bourbon website, the first thing I notice is information…and a lot of it. Granted, they currently only …

View Post

When It Comes To Bourbon, Never Assume

In Banter by Leave a Comment

We’ve all heard the saying, “You know what happens when you assume….”; I doubt I need to complete that statement. I recently took my girlfriend out to dinner at a very nice restaurant. Not “black tie nice”, but not somewhere you’d feel comfortable wearing a muscle shirt and board shorts. Anyways, the restaurant had a decent selection of small batch bourbons, including Pritchard’s Double Barrel Bourbon. The store I work at has had issues keeping Pritchard’s in stock and I hadn’t had a glass of their Double Barrel in over a year, so I went ahead and ordered a glass.  …