View Post

Stellum Bourbon Whiskey Review

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett2 Comments

What can I say, I’m a sucker for that high-proof MGP bourbon nose. The moment I pour my first glass and took a whiff I was hooked. The aroma immediately took me back to a previous review I had done on the Remus Repeal Reserve Series IV. While not exactly the same, both had pronounced butter and leather notes that remind me of dusty whiskeys of days gone by. The nose makes a ton of sense when you remember that Stellum Bourbon is a blend of three Indiana bourbon mash bills, two of which are high-rye, with the third being almost exclusively corn (99% Corn and 1% Barley) which are mingled with older barrels from both Kentucky and Tennessee.

View Post

NHLC Intro’s New Thomas S. Moore Cask-Finished Single Barrel Bourbon Whiskeys

In Bourbon News by Patrick "Pops" Garrett2 Comments

The New Hampshire Liquor Commission (NHLC), one of the nation’s most profitable and progressive control states, and the globally acclaimed Barton 1792 Distillery have launched a series of single barrel, custom-proofed, cask-finished selections of the new Thomas S. Moore Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskeys. The single barrel selections have been released and proofed to commemorate NHLC’s 86th through 90th anniversaries and finished in custom varieties of select casks from around the world. Limited quantities of an 86-proof Thomas S. Moore Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey finished in Sherry casks are available at select NH Liquor & Wine Outlets.