View Post

Wonderland Blend of Straight Whiskeys Review

In American Whiskey Reviews by Paul Needham and Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

I have a goal of drinking a whiskey from every state in the union and so jumped at the chance to try this offering from Michigan. This first expression by Wonderland is a really interesting take on a blend in that each component is a straight whiskey and then those straight whiskies are blended together. To me, the rye is most noticeable on the nose and the wheat certainly takes center stage on the palate.

View Post

Basil Hayden’s 10 Year Bourbon Review – 2020 Release

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by Matt Evans and Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

The initial mellow flavors hit on the traditional notes of caramel, vanilla, rye spice and oak but I found the taste thin and fleeting. After my initial tasting notes, I added a few drops of water (as per usual review practice) – this was a mistake; most flavors became non-existent and I felt like I was left with flavored water. I would love to see this as a 10 year, cask strength expression… although I would hate to see the MSRP if that were to ever happen.