Update: Angel’s Envy Will Plant 4,000 White Oak Trees

A quick follow-up regarding a post we did on Angel’s Envy’s “Toasts The Trees” initiative from early September. We’ll let the official press release do the talking.

Angel's Envy Toast The Trees Photo

A quick follow-up regarding a post we did on Angel’s Envy’s “Toasts The Trees” initiative from early September. We’ll let the official press release do the talking.

ANGEL’S ENVY WILL PLANT 4,000 WHITE OAK TREES FOLLOWING SUCCESSFUL “TOAST THE TREES” INITIATIVE

World’s Highest-Rated Bourbon Whiskey Finished in Port Wine Barrels Aligns With the Arbor Day Foundation to Restore the Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky

Louisville, Kentucky (October 26, 2015) – Louisville Distilling Co. LLC, producers of the award-winning Angel’s Envy super-premium bourbon finished in port wine barrels, will partner with the Arbor Day Foundation to plant 4,000 white oak trees next spring as a result of the wildly successful “Toast the Trees” social media initiative this past September. The $16,000 donation will be used to restore the original composition of the Daniel Boone National Forest in Laurel County, Kentucky, and to make the site more productive for wildlife.

Through “Toast the Trees,” Angel’s Envy is taking a long-term approach to supporting future generations of bourbon drinkers today. The super-premium brand is committed to helping make sure that there is always enough American white oak for the cooperages and bourbon distilleries oftomorrow to continue to age in new charred oak barrels. Therefore, Angel’s Envy promised to plant one new white oak tree in North America for every picture bourbon enthusiasts took of an Angel’s Envy cocktail in September – neat, on-the-rocks or in a cocktail. Participants simply had to post their picture to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #AE4THETREES. During the month of September, the brand recorded nearly 4,000 social media posts. The team also successfully executed 257 on-premise promotions across the country and sold 5,751 Angel’s Envy cocktails – more than twice as many during the 2014 initiative.

“We were so thrilled by the engagement and participation in this year’s #AE4theTrees campaign that we increased our donation by $6,000,” said Samira Seiller, Managing Director of Louisville Distilling Company. “We look forward to planting 4,000 American White Oaks in the brand’s home state of Kentucky.”

“Thanks to Angel’s Envy commitment, we will be able to plant much-needed trees in support of our ongoing reforestation efforts,” said Dan Lambe, President of the Arbor Day Foundation. “These trees will be planted in April to help clean the air and restore habitat and beauty to forests.”

Congrats to Angel’s Envy on a successful campaign!