Bourbon & Banter 2nd Anniversary

Looks like we’ve survived another trip around the sun by drinking our bourbon and spreading the bourbon gospel. All of us at Bourbon & Banter are thankful for everyone’s continue support as we celebrate our 2nd Anniversary.

Bourbon & Banter 2nd Anniversary Photo

Looks like we’ve survived another trip around the sun by drinking our bourbon and spreading the bourbon gospel.

All of us at Bourbon & Banter are thankful for everyone’s continue support as we celebrate our 2nd Anniversary. We thought we’d take a quick look back at the post that started it all on February, 21, 2012.

Hello, my name is Patrick but you can call me “Pops”.
I really need to get something off my chest, an admissions of sorts. You see, I really, really love bourbon. It’s become quite the obsession of mine over the last few years and despite the fact that I don’t live in Kentucky I’ve done a pretty good job of getting my hands on various bourbons to taste and bourbon-related information to better educate myself on the mighty brown.
While my wife supports my obsession she doesn’t quite appreciate bourbon the way I do. (Trust me. I’m working on her and someday she will come around. I promise.) Lacking a bourbon drinking buddy at home I did what any logical person would do – I started a Bourbon Club at my office we a few fellow colleagues. One thing led to another and I decided to launch a Facebook page called Bourbon & Banter to connect with other bourbon lovers across the country and the world. In a matter of months I’ve connected with almost 400 bourbon lovers from all corners of the globe and I’ve been enjoying every comment and interaction.
But now it’s time to take things to the next level and expand the Bourbon & Banter brand into a full-scale website. My hope is that through my efforts I will be able to connect with even more bourbon lovers and expand the great community we’ve built on Facebook. I’m not a professional blogger or writer so the task is a little daunting but since I do have digital marketing experience I decided it was worth a shot. After all there’s a lot of worse things to do with my time than talk about bourbon and make new friends.
The Bourbon & Banter website is brand new as of today so please be patient as I work out the kinks and get into the groove of adding new content. Once up and running I hope to provide readers with content that will educate them on bourbon, help them experience new brands, enjoy the bourbon lifestyle and most importantly make new friends. And most importantly I plan to do it honestly, directly and without bias.
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look around.  I hope you will bookmark my site and come back on a regular basis with a bourbon in hand to see what’s new. If you like what you see please join us on our Facebook page and let a friend know what we’re doing. Bourbon is definitely experiencing a new-found popularity but sometimes you have to nudge people a little to discover the inner bourbon lover.
Cheers,
Patrick “Pops” Garrett

385 posts later and we’re still going strong. I’m humbled by your loyalty and friendship as you return to our blog, day after day, to see what we have to say while connecting with us and sharing your own personal bourbon stories.

Earlier this week at Jack Rose in Washington DC, I enjoyed an early anniversary dinner with contributor, Erin Petrey. We where talking about how special bourbon was to both of us when she explained that what makes bourbon so enjoyable to her is the “banter” that surrounds it. I couldn’t have agreed more. That’s why we call this blog, Bourbon & Banter. And honestly, without you the banter would cease to exist.

Therefore, it is will all my heart that I say thank you to each and every one of you for being a part of my journey. I look forward to spending another year traveling around the sun with you on our journey to spread the bourbon gospel.

PS – In lieu of anniversary gifts please spread the word about our Facebook page. We’re 12 fans away from 5,000. I would love nothing better than to blow through that milestone this anniversary weekend.  Cheers!