Bourbon & Banter 5th Anniversary

Today marks the 5th anniversary of Bourbon & Banter. It’s hard to believe that 1,825 days have gone by since pushing publish on our first blog post. The site has come a long way since then, as has the bourbon industry that we’re proud involved with on a daily basis.

Bourbon & Banter 5th Anniversary Header

Today marks the 5th anniversary of Bourbon & Banter. It’s hard to believe that 1,825 days have gone by since pushing publish on our first blog post. The site has come a long way since then, as has the bourbon industry that we’re  proud to be involved with on a daily basis. I couldn’t be more proud of the small role we’ve played in spreading the bourbon gospel and helping our loyal readers learn to drink curious. But as I’ve always said, what I’ve enjoyed most is the folks met along the way and the great friends I’ve made over bourbon – 2 ounces at a time.

I could go on and one, but I’d like only to remind everyone who stops by today what Bourbon & Banter is all about.  Please take a moment and read the following words, take them to heart and help us spread the bourbon gospel by asking those you know to join us on our journey to drink curious.

It all started back in 2011 with one simple goal – to spread the Bourbon Gospel. And for the past several years we’ve had a hell of a time doing it. Through our shared love of America’s native spirit we’ve met new people, swapped stories and even starred in few of our own.

But, along the way, we realized we had stumbled into something far more interesting, and frankly more fulfilling, than whatever was in our glass at the time. A remarkable kinship – born in bourbon, but cemented through genuine curiosity for the world of liquor and the resulting unfiltered conversations we call banter. It’s a big reason we’re here today and the soul of what we’re planning for tomorrow.

We’ve got our sights on going beyond spreading the Bourbon Gospel. We’re looking to unite a band of curious drinkers, original thinkers and just downright candid folks over intoxicating conversation. In renewing our commitment to unpretentious booze reviews, approachable content, and honest barstool talk, we’re creating a community fueled by personal passion and opinion unlike any other.

With a colorful cast of characters – from professional palates and cocktail connoisseurs to casual drinkers and bottom-shelf dwellers – our opinions may be varied but our mission singular: to help you drink curious. Please, pull up a chair and let the banter begin.

My sincere thanks to our amazing team of contributors, whose commitment and friendship have made all the difference these past five years, and to every person who has ever read a post, liked a status update, bought a bourbon store item or attended one of our local events. Please stay tuned as we announce a few surprises over the next month to help celebrate our five year anniversary and say thank you.

Tonight I will raise my glass in sincere appreciation and thanks. I do hope you will join me. Cheers and #drinkcurious!

~ Pops