Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944 Image

Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944

In Banter by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Woke up this morning to the sound of freezing rain hitting my bedroom windows. All I wanted to do was stay in my warm bed and sleep through the bad weather. Unfortunately I had to get up and trudge on into work. As such I think this ad is perfect based on today’s weather and what’s expected later this evening. At least I know there’s bourbon at home waiting for me to make it through whatever Mother Nature throws my way today.

Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944 Image

PS – Don’t forget to read the ad text itself and its mention of rationing out stocks of prewar whiskey. It’s a fascinating look into how the industry addressed a pretty big challenge.

  • […] Hard not to find comfort in this 70-year-old print advertisement for a bourbon company. Can we go back to hand-drawn ads with 150 words of copy below it? || Bourbon Banter: Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944 […]