Golden Wedding Whiskey Circa 1941

Golden Wedding Whiskey Ad Circa 1941

Leading us into a bourbon-filled weekend today is a 1941 advertisement from Golden Wedding Whiskey. Sold in 1941 as a whiskey made from “wedding” 5 whiskies (primarily bourbon and rye) into one distinct whiskey, the brand is now a low-cost Canadian whisky. Mike Veach has a timeline of the product available here for those that want a little more background. While I like the ad itself I’m not sure if this stuff was drinkable. Would love for someone to chime in via the comments and let us know if they’ve ever had the product from back in the 1940’s.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Golden Wedding Whiskey Circa 1941