Kentucky Tavern Bourbon - The Aristocrat of Bonds

Kentucky Tavern Bourbon Ad Circa 1947

Kentucky Tavern bourbon, “The Aristocrat of Bonds”. I’m not even sure how to interpret this slogan based on what I see in the ad below. I get more confused when I consider how bad the brand is today. If anyone has some insight into this ad let me know. My best guess is that Kentucky Tavern was being positioned as a refined choice among the everyday man. The man who valued friendship, a good smoke and building things with his hands.  You know, an aristocrat. (Not to be confused with the joke of the same name.)

Kentucky Tavern Bourbon - The Aristocrat of Bonds

If you liked this vintage bourbon advertisement, please check out our collection of other class ads.