Kentucky Tavern Bourbon Ad Circa 1950 Image

Kentucky Tavern Bourbon Ad Circa 1950

For some people change doesn’t come easy. If you’re one of those folks I’d like to offer my apologies. As of today we’re going to shift our schedule for posting vintage bourbon advertisements. Instead of posting them on Friday we’re moving to Thursdays. We’re making the change for two reasons.

The first reason is tied to larger changes we’re making to the site as part of adding new blog contributors to the Bourbon & Banter family. The addition of new writers means more content that requires changes to when and how we post things.

The second reason is to better take advantage of the larger “Throwback Thursday” movement that’s happening online. We hope to get more people talking about our vintage ads and as a result, spread the bourbon gospel to those we don’t normally reach.

As our first official Throwback Thursday ad we’re featuring this classic 1950 Kentucky Tavern bourbon ad that appeared in the July edition of Holiday Magazine.

I’d love to know more about the reason behind using a TV station call sign theme. (KTAM-TV)  Anyone have details they can share?

Kentucky Tavern Bourbon Ad Circa 1950 Image