Kicking Off National Bourbon Heritage Month

For the past few years, Bourbon & Banter has celebrated Bourbon Heritage Month (BHM) with a month-long party featuring lots of great blog posts, special promotions, and great giveaways featuring lots of bourbon-related swag.

National Bourbon Heritage Month 2015

Welcome to National Bourbon Heritage Month

The biggest and baddest month of the year for bourbon lovers.

Unlike other made-up holidays like National Donut Day or International Vodka & Violins Day, National Bourbon Heritage Month is an observance established by the US government back in 2007. Here’s a little background to memorize in case anyone challenges you on the topic.

National Bourbon Heritage Month is an observance in the United States that calls for the celebration of bourbon as America’s “Native Spirit”. On August 2, 2007, the US Senate declared September 2007 as “National Bourbon Heritage Month.” The bill, sponsored by Republican Senator Jim Bunning of Kentucky, passed by unanimous consent. The resolution calls for consumers who enjoy bourbon to do so responsibly and in moderation. The bill reinforces the 1964 Act of Congress that declared bourbon “America’s Native Spirit” by celebrating the family heritage, tradition, and deep-rooted legacy that the bourbon industry contributes to the United States.

Do you see? It’s a  month-long celebration of bourbon. Can you think of a better way to spend the next 30 days?

For the past few years, Bourbon & Banter has celebrated Bourbon Heritage Month (BHM) with a month-long party featuring lots of great blog posts, special promotions, and great giveaways featuring lots of bourbon-related swag. Supported by the always amazing Bourbon & Banter team and industry partners, we’re ready to channel our inner Bourbon Evangelist and spread the bourbon gospel far and wide.

We’re not going to tell you all the great stuff we have in store but make sure you’ve signed up for our Daily Shot of Bourbon email so you never miss a post. And since September is going to be crammed with some really great stuff we’re going to use all of our online channels to runs contests and giveaways. Make sure that you’re following us on all of our social media channels so you don’t miss a chance to win something really cool.

Click on any of the images below to connect with us online and make sure you’ll always be in the loop on what we’ve got going on in September.

A hallmark of our Bourbon Heritage Month celebration is our bourbon swag giveaway. Each week we’ll pick a winner to receive a swag pack stuffed full of great bourbon-related items like shirts, hats, glassware, key chains, etc. to be shipped out at the end of September. At the end of September, we’ll pick a 5th and final winner to receive a mega-swag pack with even more bourbon goodness.  All bourbon swag items are courtesy of our friends at the following brands:

Head on over to the Bourbon Swag giveaway entry form to submit your entry. You’ll only need to enter once to be eligible for each weeks’ giveaway as well as the mega-swag pack at the end of the month. The earlier you enter the more chances you have to win.  And don’t forget to spread the word and invite your friends to enter as well. The more people who enter the main giveaway drawing the more random giveaways we’ll offer via social media.

We hope you’re as excited as we are about this year’s National Bourbon Heritage Month. Thanks again for helping us to spread the Bourbon Gospel and good luck with this year’s giveaways!