Old Grand Dad Bourbon Christmas Ad Circa 1974

If you’re reading this the Mayans didn’t get it right. At least not yet. In either case it means you get another opportunity to enjoy a great vintage Bourbon advertisement. Today’s featured advertisement is from Old Grand Dad Bourbon and is from December 1974.

Old Grand Dad Christmas BourbonAd Circa 1974

If you’re reading this the Mayans didn’t get it right. At least not yet. In either case it means you get another opportunity to enjoy a great vintage Bourbon advertisement.

Today’s featured advertisement is from Old Grand Dad Bourbon and is from December 1974. Or as I like to call it…Bourbon porn for the holidays.

What I like about this ad is its simplicity. One word says it all. The rest of the text merely exists because it was common practice to use long copy in ads. The cut glass decanter bottle is also one of the nicer ones I’ve seen put out by Bourbon companies in the past. I wouldn’t mind putting that on my home bar or on  my desk in the office.  Curious to know if anyone has an old one in their personal collection.

I hope everyone has a good weekend leading up to Christmas. Enjoy a few days of calm before the holiday storm. And if the Mayans are completely wrong as I suspect, drop me a note later tonight on Twitter (@BourbonBanter) and let me know what you drinking in honor of the world not coming to and end today.

Cheers!

Old Grand Dad Christmas BourbonAd Circa 1974