Old Taylor Bourbon Advertisement Circa 1966

I discovered this Old Taylor Bourbon advertisement in a 1966 copy of Ebony magazine. It’s the first in a series featuring “Ingenious Americans”.  I haven’t seen any other ads in the series, but I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for them to see if it was continued for any period of time.

Old Taylor Bourbon Advertisement Circa 1966

I discovered this Old Taylor Bourbon advertisement in a 1966 copy of Ebony magazine. It’s the first in a series featuring “Ingenious Americans.”  I haven’t seen any other ads in the series, but I will be keeping my eyes open for them to see if it was continued for any period of time. This is a nice pace change from many of the ads we’ve featured in that it doesn’t focus on the product. Instead, they chose to feature Americans who they felt were significant to our growth as a nation. It’s the perfect way to stress that bourbon is America’s drink subtly.  I’d love to talk with someone who worked on this campaign to see how well consumers and the company received it.

Old Taylor Bourbon Advertisement Circa1966