Old Mr Boston Bourbon Ad Circa 1942

It’s been a busy week in Bourbon & Banter land since we launched our 30 Days of Bourbon Schwag Giveaway. We hope you’ve taken a moment to get yourself entered to win some cool Bourbon-themed items over the next 30 days as we head into our 1 year anniversary.

Old Mr Boston Bourbon Circa 1972

It’s been a busy week in Bourbon & Banter land since we launched our 30 Days of Bourbon Schwag Giveaway. We hope you’ve taken a moment to get yourself entered to win some cool Bourbon-themed items over the next 30 days as we head into our 1 year anniversary.

We’ve also been busy putting together Bourbon reviews and look forward to sharing those over the next few weeks. Needless to say but we’re a little bit tired and very much looking forward to the weekend. To help kick things off right here’s a vintage Bourbon ad for Old Mr. Boston Bourbon.

Founded in Roxbury, Massachusetts neighborhood of Boston in 1933, Old Mr. Boston produced a variety of distilled spirits. Chances are though that you know them for their “bible of booze”, the Mr. Boston Official Bartender’s Guide. It’s okay. Raise your hand if you own a copy.

Here’s a brief entry on Wikipedia about the brand for your review.  I’d love to know if any of you happen to own any of their collectible bottles.  If you do drop us a note in the comments and maybe we can feature a few photos in a future blog post.

Have a great weekend!

Old Mr Boston Bourbon Circa 1972