#Bourbon On Twitter | An Infographic

Nothing better than infographics to help tell the story of bourbon. Here’s a quick look at the life of #bourbon on Twitter over the last 30 days. Congrats to @WhiskeyDisks for their strong showing this past month. (You can check out their full website here.) Let’s get these numbers up folks. Please start using #bourbon when posting on Twitter about your adventures with bourbon. And please remember to practice safe tweeting. infographic created with visual.ly

View Post

My Bourbon Journey

In Banter by Patrick "Pops" Garrett7 Comments

As I’ve proclaimed elsewhere on this website, I really, really love bourbon. My love for bourbon has resulted in a personal bourbon collection of around 20 different brands, a fantastic Facebook page about Bourbon that is growing in popularity, this website and a growing network of friends around the country who love bourbon as much as I do. Reflecting on all these great things it’s hard to believe that about 4.5 years ago I didn’t even drink bourbon.  In fact, I think that I can tell you that the only bourbon I had consumed up till then was Jim Beam …

View Post

Night Cap | Bourbon Shots

Our first Bourbon Shot to be posted on our new website comes from Bourbon & Banter member Dave Angelis. Dave has been submitting Bourbon Shots for a while now on Facebook and I’m excited to give him the first slot on the new website. Thanks Dave for contributing to our growing bourbon community. If you’d like to submit your own Bourbon Shot please follow this link to submit via our Facebook page.  And check back often to see if you’re featured so you can share with your friends and take home a few bragging rights.

View Post

Bourbon Advertising Feature

There’s no doubt that bourbon is enjoying a tremendous resurgence in popularity these days. Combine the recent increase of bourbon-related advertising and the relative lack thereof over the last few decades and one forgets that bourbon, and it’s related advertising, have been around a long time. They say that everything old becomes new again and for bourbon that is definitely the case. However, I don’t think we’ll ever see bourbon advertising look quite the same it did decades ago. To help remind us of bourbon’s rich marketing legacy I will be posting old images and ads as I find them …

View Post

Welcome Fellow Bourbon Lovers

In Banter by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Hello, my name is Patrick but you can call me “Pops”.

I really need to get something off my chest, an admissions of sorts. You see, I really, really love bourbon. It’s become quite the obsession of mine over the last few years and despite the fact that I don’t live in Kentucky I’ve done a pretty good job of getting my hands on various bourbons to taste and bourbon-related information to better educate myself on the mighty brown.