View Post

Night Cap | Bourbon Shots

Our first Bourbon Shot to be posted on our new website comes from Bourbon & Banter member Dave Angelis. Dave has been submitting Bourbon Shots for a while now on Facebook and I’m excited to give him the first slot on the new website. Thanks Dave for contributing to our growing bourbon community. If you’d like to submit your own Bourbon Shot please follow this link to submit via our Facebook page.  And check back often to see if you’re featured so you can share with your friends and take home a few bragging rights.

View Post

Bourbon Advertising Feature

There’s no doubt that bourbon is enjoying a tremendous resurgence in popularity these days. Combine the recent increase of bourbon-related advertising and the relative lack thereof over the last few decades and one forgets that bourbon, and it’s related advertising, have been around a long time. They say that everything old becomes new again and for bourbon that is definitely the case. However, I don’t think we’ll ever see bourbon advertising look quite the same it did decades ago. To help remind us of bourbon’s rich marketing legacy I will be posting old images and ads as I find them …

View Post

Welcome Fellow Bourbon Lovers

In Banter by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Hello, my name is Patrick but you can call me “Pops”.

I really need to get something off my chest, an admissions of sorts. You see, I really, really love bourbon. It’s become quite the obsession of mine over the last few years and despite the fact that I don’t live in Kentucky I’ve done a pretty good job of getting my hands on various bourbons to taste and bourbon-related information to better educate myself on the mighty brown.