Steve Lewis | Bourbon & Banter Member Spotlight

In Banter by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

The last six months have been an exciting time for Bourbon & Banter. Our Facebook community has grown significantly and we were able to launch our website just a few weeks ago. I’d like to thank everyone who has contributed to our success.  Your posts, photos and stories are what B&B is all about. I’d like to launch a new feature for the website starting today – The Bourbon & Banter Member Spotlight. To kick things off I’d like to introduce you to Steve Lewis. Steve has been an active voice in the community for quite a while. When he …

Twitter Showdown: Jameson vs Bushmills

Happy St. Paddy’s Day everyone! In honor of my Irish roots I’m taking a short detour today to post an Irish Whiskey post. I thought it would be cool to see who’s got Twitter bragging rights between Jameson and Bushmills. I hope you enjoy as you celebrate your own Irish roots. Even if they are the dyed variety out of a bottle. 😉 create infographics with visual.ly

View Post

Maker’s Mark Tastes Expensive | Bourbon Advertisement

In Banter by Patrick "Pops" Garrett2 Comments

It’s Friday. Time to wind down the week and open the bourbon cabinet for a few days and let it air out. No doubt many of you will be enjoying some Maker’s Mark this weekend. I thought this vintage ad would be perfect for you. “It tastes expensive…and is.” Pretty ballsy stuff for the time I imagine. But then again Maker’s was working to fix the reputation of bourbon, and I for one, am damn glad they did. I encourage you to show your thanks by having a glass of Maker’s this weekend and tell them yourself how you feel …

View Post

Four Roses Limited Edition 2011 Bourbon Review

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett7 Comments

Fair warning folks, this is my first ever official bourbon review. Or should I say, my first ever bourbon review put down on paper. Because you know darn well that I’ve tasted my fair share of bourbons and haven’t been shy is sharing my opinion verbally. So let’s just call this the first “official” review so we can get on with things.

As I write this review, I’m not entirely sure that the world really needs another person cranking out bourbon reviews. After all, there are plenty of great websites with detailed and methodical reviews telling you more than you’ve ever wanted to know about a specific bourbon. And besides, I don’t have the patience to be detailed and methodical.

#Bourbon On Twitter | An Infographic

Nothing better than infographics to help tell the story of bourbon. Here’s a quick look at the life of #bourbon on Twitter over the last 30 days. Congrats to @WhiskeyDisks for their strong showing this past month. (You can check out their full website here.) Let’s get these numbers up folks. Please start using #bourbon when posting on Twitter about your adventures with bourbon. And please remember to practice safe tweeting. infographic created with visual.ly

View Post

My Bourbon Journey

In Banter by Patrick "Pops" Garrett7 Comments

As I’ve proclaimed elsewhere on this website, I really, really love bourbon. My love for bourbon has resulted in a personal bourbon collection of around 20 different brands, a fantastic Facebook page about Bourbon that is growing in popularity, this website and a growing network of friends around the country who love bourbon as much as I do. Reflecting on all these great things it’s hard to believe that about 4.5 years ago I didn’t even drink bourbon.  In fact, I think that I can tell you that the only bourbon I had consumed up till then was Jim Beam …

View Post

Night Cap | Bourbon Shots

Our first Bourbon Shot to be posted on our new website comes from Bourbon & Banter member Dave Angelis. Dave has been submitting Bourbon Shots for a while now on Facebook and I’m excited to give him the first slot on the new website. Thanks Dave for contributing to our growing bourbon community. If you’d like to submit your own Bourbon Shot please follow this link to submit via our Facebook page.  And check back often to see if you’re featured so you can share with your friends and take home a few bragging rights.