View Post

The Dubliner Irish Whiskey Bourbon Cask Review

In Irish Whiskey Reviews by Lee StangLeave a Comment

Peat! This was my takeaway when I first nosed this whiskey. I’m not a fan of peat or whiskies with a lot of malt. My first impression was I am not going to like this. My wife, who is a huge Jameson fan, took one nose and wouldn’t taste it. And while in subsequent nosings a number of days later, the peat smell was not as strong the malt did come through. The interesting thing is the malt came through on the palate only slightly. It was there though and took a way a good bit of the sweetness I get in an Irish Whiskey like Jameson. In addition, the mouthfeel of The Dubliner Irish Whiskey was quite thin to me. I drink Irish Whiskey occasionally but tend to go more for Jameson, Red Breast 12 or Cask Strength or Powers John Lane 12.