View Post

Son of a Peat Batch 02 Whisky Review

In Banter, Scotch Whiskey Reviews by Jarrod Lapato2 Comments

I would say that it is. Remember back when blended whiskies were in vogue and more sought after than single malts? Well, neither do I, but I understand that used to be the case. Blends were more coveted because of their lighter, sweeter, more accessible flavor profiles compared to the rawness of single malt whiskies of the time. Here we have a hand blended, bottled, sealed and labeled blended-malt that combines the best parts of nine different single malts to come up with an “unapologetically peated, yet warm and welcoming” pour. Adding to its charm, it is non-chill filtered and no artificial color is added.

View Post

Auchentoshan Three Wood Single Malt Scotch Whisky Review

In Scotch Whiskey Reviews by Jeffrey Schwartz2 Comments

I first tasted Auchentoshan early this year. It was a 17-year independent bottling sold exclusively at Vom Fass, and I fell in love. I felt an immediate need to find other expressions of Auchentoshan to taste what I’d been missing. I went to my favorite whiskey bar and tried the American Oak, the 12-year, and the Three Wood.

Of the three, I opted to buy the Three Wood. I honestly wanted to buy all of them, but alas, my wallet suggested otherwise that day.

View Post

Three Chord Bourbon Review

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by Bob Bennett1 Comment

TONAL VIBRATIONS! Seriously, the moment I heard about tonal vibrations being used in the aging process for bourbon, one eyebrow raised up so far it could have hit an airplane passing by. Three Chord’s founder, Grammy award winning guitarist and producer Neil Giraldo, says he “saw how drinks resting on our guitar amplifiers would vibrate and wondered if the implementation of sound and vibrations could also be used to alter and enhance the structure of a seasoned spirit.” A side note from backline companies across the globe: take your damn drinks off our gear!