View Post

Barton 1792 Distillery Releases Limited Edition Single Barrel Bourbon

In Industry News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

New product release update from the fine folks over at the Barton 1792 Distillery: Barton 1792 Distillery Releases Limited Edition Single Barrel Bourbon  BARDSTOWN, KENTUCKY (Feb. 24, 2016) – A new Single Barrel Bourbon is the latest limited edition expression in the premium 1792 whiskey collection from Barton 1792 Distillery. All of the bourbon used in this bottling was distilled and aged at the historic Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown before being selected and tasted for its exceptional quality. The bottling took place on a small hand bottling line that only allows one barrel to be processed at a time.     …

View Post

The Return of Bourye

In New Brand Releases by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Some good news from our friends at High West Distillery. If you enjoyed the original Bourye you may want to look into how you can get your hands on the new version.  Good luck! High West Releases a Limited Run of the Original Bourbon and Rye Blend PARK CITY, Utah (February 12, 2016) — High West Distillery, Utah’s first legal distillery since 1870, is proud to announce the return of Bourye, the original super premium bourbon and rye blend. Much like the elusive jackalope that graces its label, the limited release Bourye may be hard to find, but a delight …

View Post

Maker’s Mark Third Still Now Operational

In Industry News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Our friends over at Maker’s Mark just sent us this update regarding their plans to expand the distillery which were originally shared with the public back in 2014. After a great deal of time and effort, Maker’s Mark Distillery’s third still is live and the bourbon is flowing! Fastidious about quality and hands-on bourbon making, the third still will increase bourbon production in the Maker’s Mark® way. The third still is a mirror image of the distillery’s two existing stills, guaranteeing that Master Distiller Greg Davis can replicate the same time-honored process, quality and consistency set forth by our Founder, Bill Samuels, Sr., over …

View Post

New Limited Edition High Rye Bourbon from A. Smith Bowman Distillery

In New Brand Releases by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

For those of you that enjoy whiskey from the A. Smith Bowman Distillery you’ll be pleased to hear about this year’s release. Here’s some information straight from the brand. I’d love to get my hands on a bottle but they’ve made it pretty clear that unless you’re near to Virginia you’re SOL. Never good when that news is delivered as the 2nd line of the release title. Smith Bowman Distillery Releases Limited Edition High Rye Bourbon Release is Extremely Limited, Mostly Only in Virginia Fredericksburg, VA. (Aug. 6, 2015) – A. Smith Bowman Distillery announces the latest release in its …

View Post

Few Spirits Launches in New Jersey and Three Other States

In Industry News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Congratulations to our friends over at Few Spirits on expanding their distribution in four new markets. If you haven’t tried their products yet you can read some of our team’s reviews here. Here’s their official press release. EVANSTON, Ill., March 23, 2015—At less than five years old, Few Spirits has gained an oversized reputation in the drinks world, making an award-winning line of gins, whiskies and other craft spirits. And as the craft distillery ramps up production, it’s expanding its distribution, launching in New Jersey as well as Georgia, Indiana and Connecticut this month.  The new market launches make Few available …

View Post

Beam to be sold to Suntory for $16 billion

In Industry News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Nothing like going to bed on your birthday and waking up to news that Japan’s Suntory Holdings Ltd is planning to purchase Beam for $16 billion. If everything goes as planned, Suntory would become the world’s 3rd largest maker of distiller drinks. I’m sure we’re going to be reading a lot about this one this week. Until we get more details here’s a link to one of the original stories about the proposed acquisition. Looks like it’s going to be Suntory Time, all the time. Perhaps now my degree in Japanese Studies can be put to good use. Suntory, are …

View Post

How do you get your bourbon news?

In Drink News by Patrick "Pops" Garrett4 Comments

The other night I walked into my living room to find my 6-year old browsing through my copy of the Bourbon Review.  He’s beginning to really get into reading so he’s always picking up magazines to see what he can read and understand. So while his choice of reading material in this photo wasn’t deliberate, the design of the magazine was enticing enough for him to pick it up versus others laying on the coffee table. It got me to thinking about what makes one source of news better than another for us adults – especially when it comes to …