View Post

RAGGED BRANCH DISTILLERY IS COMING OF AGE

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews, Rye Whiskey News by Lee StangLeave a Comment

Walking into the VIP area at the Mount Vernon Whiskey Fest back in November, Patti and I see a familiar face and head over to the area where Ragged Branch Distillery Owner Alex Toomy is pouring samples. One bottle in particular, is a barrel proof rye whiskey, 126 proof. Alex identifies it as samples from a private selection. That was the best whiskey we tasted that night even though Bill Thomas owner Jack Rose was pouring from some dusties over in the corner.

I have written several articles about Ragged Branch for Bourbon and Banter since they first invited us to their distillery in 2017. Located in Charlottesville, Virginia, they started distilling bourbon in July 2014 under the tutelage of Dave Pickerell. In addition, they also distill rye whiskey and at Mount Vernon, Alex told us his rye whiskey would be bottled soon and invited us to visit the distillery for a tasting.

View Post

Lux Row Distillers Re-Launches Daviess County Kentucky Straight Bourbon

In Bourbon News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

To pay homage to the rich distilling tradition of Daviess County, Kentucky, Lux Row Distillers is re-launching Daviess County Kentucky Straight Bourbon – an ultra-premium family of bourbons, with three variants.

This unique bourbon launches this week and consists of a mixed mash bill of both wheated and ryed bourbons for a balanced sweetness and spice. The three variants in this line are Daviess County Kentucky Straight Bourbon, Daviess County Kentucky Straight Bourbon – Cabernet Sauvignon Finish and Daviess County Kentucky Straight Bourbon – French Oak Finish.