View Post

MGP Announces Remus Repeal Reserve Series IV

In Bourbon News by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

MGP will debut Remus Repeal Reserve Series IV Straight Bourbon Whiskey in September 2020. Produced to commemorate Prohibition Repeal Day, Series IV is a limited annual release, and reaches full distribution by Prohibition Repeal Day, December 5. In response to growing demand, Remus Repeal Reserve Series IV is planning an early fall release (timed with National Bourbon Month in September), and will roll out with a series of consumer tastings and events with special focus on the birthdate of George Remus (November 13) and Prohibition Repeal Day (December 5).

View Post

RAGGED BRANCH DISTILLERY IS COMING OF AGE

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews, Rye Whiskey News by Lee StangLeave a Comment

Walking into the VIP area at the Mount Vernon Whiskey Fest back in November, Patti and I see a familiar face and head over to the area where Ragged Branch Distillery Owner Alex Toomy is pouring samples. One bottle in particular, is a barrel proof rye whiskey, 126 proof. Alex identifies it as samples from a private selection. That was the best whiskey we tasted that night even though Bill Thomas owner Jack Rose was pouring from some dusties over in the corner.

I have written several articles about Ragged Branch for Bourbon and Banter since they first invited us to their distillery in 2017. Located in Charlottesville, Virginia, they started distilling bourbon in July 2014 under the tutelage of Dave Pickerell. In addition, they also distill rye whiskey and at Mount Vernon, Alex told us his rye whiskey would be bottled soon and invited us to visit the distillery for a tasting.