View Post

High West Distillery Manhattan Barrel Finished Cocktail Review

In Bottled Cocktails by Kyle George2 Comments

Currently there are several bottled manhattans available on the market; High West has really put this one together well. All the right flavor components are there, and are well balanced. In the past when sampling bottled manhattans something was always off or missing for me, they just felt lacking. This was not the case with this offering from High West. If you are not able to make a manhattan at home, or are going to a gathering and don’t want to spend time mixing drinks, this is a great alternative.

View Post

Blue Run Bourbon Review

In Bourbon Whiskey Reviews by Erin PetreyLeave a Comment

The price is a tough sell for me but the bourbon itself is exceptional. It certainly reminds me of one of my all-time favorite expressions (Elijah Craig) and when I had my boyfriend taste it he asked, “Is this Elijah Craig?” It is fitting, as the proximity to Elijah Craig’s Scott County homestead (“close enough to throw a nerf football and hit the front door”) is what originally inspired one of the co-founders to launch a bourbon brand. Though the source of the bourbon is kept under wraps, it was expertly chosen. The folks from Blue Run – a diverse crowd from tech to marketing to politics – recognized themselves as industry outsiders and lacked the sophisticated palate required to select an exceptional bourbon, not to mention optimal proof. So they brought in an industry veteran with proven bourbon chops to thumbs up or down their barrel selections.

View Post

Little Book Chapter 4: “Lessons Honored” Review

In American Whiskey Reviews by Thomas Fondano and Steve CoomesLeave a Comment

Every Little Book release is, to my palate, unique and extraordinary. Fans will recognize they’re Beam whiskeys, but no standard Beam whiskeys. Hearing Noe talk about the effort required to make them adds to their complexity, and conversations about them reminds me just how hard mingling whiskey really is—especially when using a brown rice-accented bourbon. It’s that bourbon that Noe said, “that anchors the complexity of the blend but not the majority of the blend.” I agree. The sweet, round and

View Post

1995 Vintage O.F.C. Bourbon Whiskey Released

In Bourbon News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

uffalo Trace is releasing a new O.F.C. Vintage bourbon this fall. In 1995, while Amazon sold its first book and and eBay made its debut as “AuctionWeb,” Buffalo Trace quietly distilled and tucked away its bourbon for 25 years, and now has something wonderful in store for the bourbon connoisseurs of 2020. This vintage collectible bourbon has been bottled and is set to begin reaching stores in December. This is the fifth O.F.C Vintage release and, like its predecessors, will be very limited and extremely rare, with this year’s offer only 1,500 bottles. Similar to previous releases, the 1995 Vintage will arrive in a wooden display box containing a provenance card. Nestled inside the wooden box lies a crystal bottle with real copper lettering in-laid in the bottle and a paper label applied by hand. The label on the back of the bottle as well as the provenance card note the milestones for the year 1995.