View Post

Proud Drinker: Show Off Your Love for Bourbon

In Gear Reviews by Erin PetreyLeave a Comment

Disclosure: Proud-Drinker.com provided stickers for Bourbon & Banter to review. I am sure we have all seen those cars plastered with those seemingly cryptic numbers that actually extoll the running abilities of the person behind the wheel: 13.1, 26.2, 70.3 (!!!). Runners are a proud people and like to wear markers of their physical accomplishments on their sleeves and their bumpers. But though these marathon feats are impressive, us Bourbon Evangelists are also a proud people who enjoy sharing our appreciation for that brown liquid we love. This is where Proud Drinker comes in.  The folks at Proud Drinker thought …

View Post

Balls of Steel Review: The Hands on Edition

In Drinking Accessory Reviews by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

  What if you could chill your whiskey while also doing good? That’s the premise behind OriginalBOS’s newest product – Balls of Steel. Billed as “drink chillers with a cause”, Balls of Steel are a new twist on the concept of chilling your whiskey without having to use ice which can often dilute your whiskey’s flavor. Just like whiskey stones which have been on the market for years, Balls of Steel are placed in your freezer for a period of time before being added to your whiskey. Unlike whiskey stones though, Balls of Steel are spherical in shape (as you …

View Post

That Bourbon Ketchup: Spiked Ketchup For Grownups

In Food Stuff Reviews by Leave a Comment

Disclosure: A bottle of That Bourbon Ketchup was provided by That Sauce Company for Bourbon & Banter to review. Before I even start this review, I feel I should disclose the following: I’m not the biggest fan of ketchup. I don’t hate ketchup, but compared to many of my friends, who put ketchup on everything from eggs to hash browns and burgers to hot dogs, I’m rather simple. I dip my fries in ketchup, and that’s about it. However, a bourbon spiked ketchup? That’s a different story. But first, a little background on That Bourbon Ketchup. That Bourbon Ketchup is …

View Post

Bourbon Evangelist T-Shirt Pre-Order

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

The time has come for all Bourbon Evangelists to rise up and declare their allegiance to all things bourbon. To help you with your quest we’re thrilled to finally open up pre-ordering for our new Bourbon Evangelist t-shirt. Between now and November 15th, you can place a pre-order for this one-of-a-kind bourbon t-shirt that is sure to make you the envy of all your whiskey loving friends. Use the link below to place your order today so you don’t miss the deadline of 11/15. We’ll start shipping out orders on December 2nd so you should have your shirt in time …

View Post

Thank God for Bourbon, Chocolate & Art Eatables

In Food Stuff Reviews by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Long-time readers of Bourbon & Banter may recall a post I did months ago singing the praises of Art Eatables’ bourbon truffles. They were, and still are, the best bourbon chocolates I’ve ever eaten. But what’s even more impressive about Art Eatables is how founders, Kelly and Forest, have taken their love of bourbon and chocolate and built a business that is truly in sync with what’s going on within the bourbon industry. I’ve watched their progress over the last 12+months as they went from a home-based operation to opening a store (always a risky move) and building relationships with …

View Post

Are You A Bourbon Evangelist?

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Do you consider yourself a bourbon evangelist? You know, the one that’s always preaching the bourbon gospel and letting your friends to enjoy your latest bottle acquisition? If so, we’ve got the shirt for you. Allow us to introduce the Bourbon & Banter Bourbon Evangelist tee. We thought it was high time that we had a shirt that showcased our dedication to spreading the bourbon gospel.  Cool, right?  As part of Bourbon Heritage month we’re going to make the shirt available for pre-order on the site very soon. Please make sure to come back and check on our progress so you …

View Post

Bourbon iPhone Skins Prototype

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

  My wife calls me a schemer. Others call me an entrepreneur. I prefer to call myself a passionate visionary. 😉 Regardless of what I’m called, I’m on a mission to spread the bourbon gospel and build Bourbon & Banter into a recognizable brand among bourbon drinkers. One of the ways I hope to do that is by offering up unique bourbon-themed products that people actually want to use in their daily lives. Whether it’s a clever bourbon t-shirt, photo prints or posters I hope to help bring bourbon into everyone’s life in some way. Towards that end I recently …

View Post

Father’s Day Bourbon Prints

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Sure. You could buy your father another bottle of bourbon for Father’s Day but I suspect he’s already got a few behind the bar. Why not give him the gift of bourbon that he can hang on the walls of his office or man cave? Bourbon & Banter’s Barrel Proof series of bourbon prints are the perfect gift for the bourbon lover. The collection includes photos from many of Kentucky’s most famous distilleries, including Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Jim Beam, Maker’s Mark, Wild Turkey and Willett. Each print measures 16×20 and is ready to hang in your favorite frame – …

View Post

Bourbon Barrel Grill Wood

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

While your local weather may not agree, tomorrow is the first day of Spring. And with Spring comes outdoor living, which means it’s time to fire up the grill. Just in time for this Spring tradition, Bourbon Barrel Foods has released their Bourbon Barrel Grill Wood. Made from repurposed bourbon barrel staves, this wood will bring the flavor of America’s Native Spirit to your next grilling event. It’s perfect for grilling or smoking and is the exact same wood that Bourbon Barrel Foods uses to smoke their salt, spices and sugar. In other words, you know it’s good. You can …