Bourbon Proof Prints Have Arrived

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

A little over ten days ago I officially announced the launch of my Bourbon Proof Fine Art Bourbon photos. Last night I received my first personal order of the prints and I couldn’t be happier. They turned out amazing and I can’t wait to put them up on the walls of my office.  If you’re still looking for a gift for the Bourbon lover in your life I highly recommended you take another look at the collection. As a holiday bonus if everyone can spread the word about this series of fine art prints and we can get at least …

View Post

Barrel Proof Fine Art Bourbon Photos

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

I know it’s a Saturday and I usually don’t post anything to the blog, but I’m pretty excited about this one and I couldn’t wait until Monday to share it with everyone. I hope you don’t mind the weekend interruption and some bourbon photos. In addition to my passion for Bourbon, I’m pretty addicted to photography. I’ve been taking photos for a little over 12 years now and a few years ago I took the plunge and started shooting professionally on the side. Since then I’ve enjoyed capturing life’s unique moments for people around St. Louis through portraits, event photography and …

View Post

Introducing The Shot Flask

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

“The Shot Flask is a drinking flask with a twist. In addition to its premium, stainless steel & bonded leather wrapping, the Shot Flask contains a hidden cup allowing you to pour a precise 2-ounce shot whenever and wherever desired. Using a collapsible design, the shot glass can be flattened for compact storage and easily expanded for your drinking pleasure. The Shot Flask makes the perfect gift for that special someone in your life or to spoil yourself with a flask that’s finally worth showing off.” It’s Tuesday morning and I’m moving a little slow. I think it’s because Christmas …

View Post

Vote Bourbon & Support America’s Native Spirit

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

I realize that everyone’s busy today making time to get out and vote but I wanted to remind folks that whether your candidate wins or loses tonight what really matters is that we all continue to come together and support America in any way possible. To make that a little easier for those of you who love America’s Native Spirit I’ve added some additional products to our ‘Drink American, Drink Bourbon’ online store. As you watch the results come in this evening take a few minutes and go online and check out our newest additions. They’re the perfect way to …

View Post

The Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker

In Glassware Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett12 Comments

I don’t personally find myself in need of a cocktail shaker very often but next time I do I’d like to have the Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker on hand. I came across this the other day on Kickstarter I knew I had to share with everyone on Bourbon & Banter. It’s such a simple and awesome idea it makes you wonder why no one came up with this before. Instead of wasting item reading details here, head on over to the Kickstarter project page and find out more. They’ve already blown past their goal of $5,000 so they’ve clearly struck …

View Post

Roller Rocks Glass

In Glassware Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett6 Comments

Welcome to Wednesday, everyone! Just a quick product discovery to share with you all today. I hope you enjoy. The Roller Rocks Glass comes with its own silicone mold for making the perfect 2″ ice ball and has a protrusion in the bottle of the glass that allows you to swirl the ice ball around the inside of your glass. The effect is your bourbon gets chilled while others get hypnotized by the calm and gentle swirling motion. I’m a sucker for a cool ice mold and unique glass for drinking my bourbon. I might just grab one of these …

View Post

Introducing The Cube Tube

In Drinking Accessory Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett5 Comments

Last week’s intense heat reinforced my belief that sometimes you just cant’ beat having a glass of bourbon on the rocks. I realize that many of you will scoff at the notion of ice and bourbon together in a glass but for those of you that enjoy a few rocks to chill your whiskey, I’d like to introduce you to Quirky’s newest twist on the ice cube tray – the Cube Tube. Here are the details from their website: Cube Tube is a vertical ice cube tray that prevents you from spilling water while transporting a full tray of water …

View Post

The Great American Flask

In Drinking Accessory Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

I’ve been psyching myself up to do my tasting review of Jefferson’s Ocean this evening so I hadn’t planned on a formal post for today. However, I shared a link on Twitter the other day for the Great American Flask produced by Jacob Bromwell and based on some of the feedback I received I thought I’d share it with everyone on the blog as well. Here are a few product details from their website: 100% handmade to order using traditional processes 9 0z. capacity is perfect for containing bourbon and whiskey Made of pure, solid copper and hot-tinned on the inside using …