View Post

The Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker

In Glassware Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett12 Comments

I don’t personally find myself in need of a cocktail shaker very often but next time I do I’d like to have the Mason Jar Cocktail Shaker on hand. I came across this the other day on Kickstarter I knew I had to share with everyone on Bourbon & Banter. It’s such a simple and awesome idea it makes you wonder why no one came up with this before. Instead of wasting item reading details here, head on over to the Kickstarter project page and find out more. They’ve already blown past their goal of $5,000 so they’ve clearly struck …

View Post

Roller Rocks Glass

In Glassware Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett6 Comments

Welcome to Wednesday, everyone! Just a quick product discovery to share with you all today. I hope you enjoy. The Roller Rocks Glass comes with its own silicone mold for making the perfect 2″ ice ball and has a protrusion in the bottle of the glass that allows you to swirl the ice ball around the inside of your glass. The effect is your bourbon gets chilled while others get hypnotized by the calm and gentle swirling motion. I’m a sucker for a cool ice mold and unique glass for drinking my bourbon. I might just grab one of these …

View Post

Introducing The Cube Tube

In Drinking Accessory Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett5 Comments

Last week’s intense heat reinforced my belief that sometimes you just cant’ beat having a glass of bourbon on the rocks. I realize that many of you will scoff at the notion of ice and bourbon together in a glass but for those of you that enjoy a few rocks to chill your whiskey, I’d like to introduce you to Quirky’s newest twist on the ice cube tray – the Cube Tube. Here are the details from their website: Cube Tube is a vertical ice cube tray that prevents you from spilling water while transporting a full tray of water …

View Post

The Great American Flask

In Drinking Accessory Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

I’ve been psyching myself up to do my tasting review of Jefferson’s Ocean this evening so I hadn’t planned on a formal post for today. However, I shared a link on Twitter the other day for the Great American Flask produced by Jacob Bromwell and based on some of the feedback I received I thought I’d share it with everyone on the blog as well. Here are a few product details from their website: 100% handmade to order using traditional processes 9 0z. capacity is perfect for containing bourbon and whiskey Made of pure, solid copper and hot-tinned on the inside using …

View Post

Brandy Smuggler Walking Cane Flask (a.k.a. quick kick me in the shins)

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" Garrett2 Comments

I’m not going to go out and run a marathon tomorrow but then again I’m not quite ready to spend the rest of my days in a rocker on the front porch of “the home”. But I have to tell you though that I’ve never been so inclined to get myself a cane in my life. You know…for medicinal purposes. Meet the Brandy Smuggler Walking Cane Flask. Or as I like to call it the “quick kick me in the shins” so I can look legit cane. Here’s the official write-up or product detail porn for those in the know. …

View Post

Bourbon Truffles – Proof that God Exists

In Food Stuff Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett3 Comments

Maybe it’s the Catholic upbringing but I feel the need to make a confession.  I’ve never been a fan of liquor infused chocolates or candy. Whether it’s liquor cordials or bourbon balls I can’t say that I’ve been a fan. I’ll eat them but you won’t find me seeking them out or every claiming to have a “hankering” for them. So when I was contacted by Kelly at Art Eatables asking me if I’d be interested in sampling her Bourbon Truffles I was a little concerned. I love doing reviews and sharing my opinions with others but I prefer to be able …