View Post

The Great American Flask

In Drinking Accessory Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

I’ve been psyching myself up to do my tasting review of Jefferson’s Ocean this evening so I hadn’t planned on a formal post for today. However, I shared a link on Twitter the other day for the Great American Flask produced by Jacob Bromwell and based on some of the feedback I received I thought I’d share it with everyone on the blog as well. Here are a few product details from their website: 100% handmade to order using traditional processes 9 0z. capacity is perfect for containing bourbon and whiskey Made of pure, solid copper and hot-tinned on the inside using …

View Post

Brandy Smuggler Walking Cane Flask (a.k.a. quick kick me in the shins)

In Gear News by Patrick "Pops" Garrett2 Comments

I’m not going to go out and run a marathon tomorrow but then again I’m not quite ready to spend the rest of my days in a rocker on the front porch of “the home”. But I have to tell you though that I’ve never been so inclined to get myself a cane in my life. You know…for medicinal purposes. Meet the Brandy Smuggler Walking Cane Flask. Or as I like to call it the “quick kick me in the shins” so I can look legit cane. Here’s the official write-up or product detail porn for those in the know. …

View Post

Bourbon Truffles – Proof that God Exists

In Food Stuff Reviews by Patrick "Pops" Garrett3 Comments

Maybe it’s the Catholic upbringing but I feel the need to make a confession.  I’ve never been a fan of liquor infused chocolates or candy. Whether it’s liquor cordials or bourbon balls I can’t say that I’ve been a fan. I’ll eat them but you won’t find me seeking them out or every claiming to have a “hankering” for them. So when I was contacted by Kelly at Art Eatables asking me if I’d be interested in sampling her Bourbon Truffles I was a little concerned. I love doing reviews and sharing my opinions with others but I prefer to be able …