View Post

A User’s Guide to the Evan Williams Bourbon Experience

In Distilleries by Leave a Comment

Anyone who has traveled the Kentucky Bourbon Trail knows that most of the distilleries on the Trail are located far outside of city centers like Lexington and Louisville. This is only natural, of course—a more remote location guarantees better connections to the grains, pure water, and acreage necessary for a distillery. So what’s a girl to do when she has a couple of spare hours in Louisville and has a hankering for bourbon? After a stop by Art Eatables for fantastic bourbon truffles (a must in Louisville) I popped on over to the Evan Williams experience on Museum Row in …

View Post

An Accidental Afternoon at Smooth Ambler Spirits

In Distilleries by Leave a Comment

Smooth Ambler is a beautiful enigma in the world of craft bourbon distilling, because they offer not only amazing palates in choosing and blending sourced bourbon but also the drive and ambition to craft whiskey from grain to glass in the heart of West Virginia. On a recent vacation we stumbled upon the SAS distillery simply because we happened to exit the highway on the same exit as the distillery, stuck around town until the tasting room opened, and went over for the visit. My visit to Smooth Ambler Spirits was the happiest accident I think I’ll ever experience, and …