View Post

Bourbon In The Blind – St. Louis Bourbon Tasting

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

  We’re thrilled to announce that tickets to our highly anticipated Bourbon In The Blind Tasting Experience are now on sale! Join Bourbon & Banter, Randall’s Wine & Spirits and The Blind Tiger on August 30th for an amazing afternoon of bourbon, gourmet pizza, giveaways and good old-fashioned banter. Spend the afternoon with your friends and learn about American’s Native Spirit from Bourbon & Banter founder, Patrick “Pops” Garrett as he leads you through a blind tasting of 6 bourbons. Challenge your taste buds as we strip away brand loyalty and label prejudice allowing both bourbon novices and aficionados to …

View Post

Win Tickets to the Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Two weeks ago we told you about the upcoming Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience hosted by The Filson Historical Society and featuring Bourbon Hall of Fame Member Mike Veach. The event is coming up on April 29th and tickets are still available. However, if you’ve been wanting to go and haven’t pull the trigger today’s your lucky day. The Filson has generously provided Bourbon & Banter with two sets of tickets to giveaway to our loyal readers. Winners will receive two tickets, valued at $400, for the event on April 29th in Louisville, KY. Winners will be responsible for their own …

View Post

Angel’s Envy Bourbon Dinner Recap

In Banter, Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Thank you to everyone that joined us this past Thursday night for our Angel’s Envy Bourbon Dinner & Tasting. It was truly an amazing evening filled with great food, amazing whiskey and most importantly, lots of banter among old and new friends.

The evening kicked off with the traditional Bourbon & Banter Bourbon Lounge where guests enjoyed appetizers while sipping on the Angel’s Decree cocktail made with Angel’s Envy bourbon. During the Bourbon Lounge guests got a chance to mix and mingle while also spending some time with Louisville Distilling Co,’s very own COO, Wes Henderson. It was also during the Bourbon Lounge that I was able to finally meet Jesse and Linda Jackson, a couple that drove all the way up to St. Louis from Dallas, TX to attend our dinner, in person. Meeting them and spending some time together is really what Bourbon & Banter is all about. Making new friends and sharing a mutual love of bourbon.

View Post

Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Our friends over at The Filson Historical Society asked that we shared with everyone that Michael Veach is hosting a Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience during Derby Week. Here’s the details from their official press release. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE It’s with great excitement we announce that The Filson Historical Society will be hosting an exclusive Kentucky Bourbon Tasting Experience Derby Week to benefit The Filson Historical Society. The Filson Historical Society’s Michael Veach, author, bourbon historian and Director of the Filson Bourbon Academy. Tuesday April 29 – DERBY WEEK – 21C Museum Hotel – 6:30-8:30 pm Michael Veach will be pouring six tastings …

View Post

Angel’s Envy Bourbon Dinner & Tasting

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Pleased to announce that our next bourbon tasting dinner in St. Louis, MO will be held on April 10th at the historic Glen Echo Country club and will feature Angel’s Envy bourbon. Louisville Distilling Co. COO, Wes Henderson, will be our guest of honor and will lead guests through a tasting of their entire whiskey portfolio while sharing stories about the brand and its history. This bourbon dinner event is open to the public but advanced ticket purchase is required.  We hope you can join us for what’s sure to be a wonderful evening of fine dining, excellent bourbon and …

View Post

Bourbon Classic Recap

In Events by 1 Comment

  The second annual Bourbon Classic was held last weekend in Louisville, Kentucky. The event drew bourbon fans from around the country to join with distillers, bartenders, restaurants, and media representatives in celebrating all things bourbon. I was lucky enough to be among them and I left feeling very lucky to be living so close to bourbon country.  The event began Friday night with “From the Barrel to Bar,” a cocktail-centered event.  Teams of master bartenders were paired with a local chef and a Bourbon Classic sponsor distillery to compete for the title of “perfect cocktail.” A select panel of …

View Post

What I Learned from the San Antonio Cocktail Conference: Cocktail Shading with Gastriques

In Events by Erin PetreyLeave a Comment

Whether a seasoned bartender or just a cocktail enthusiast (and really, who isn’t?), the San Antonio Cocktail Conference was an experience not to be missed. Not only was it lovely to escape the sub-freezing temperature of the Northeast and head down to the warmth of Texas, but it was also an opportunity to mingle with cocktail legends and have a fantastic time. Nightly parties were hosted at the many historical theatres in downtown San Antonio, boasting signature cocktails from excellent mixologists, mouth-watering samplings of San Antonio’s best restaurants, tastings featuring every type of spirit, and killer music to dance to. …

View Post

San Antonio Cocktail Conference 2014 Recap

In Events by 2 Comments

Disclaimer: The San Antonio Cocktail Conference provided Bourbon & Banter writers with lodging and access to the conference and events. All other travel costs were the responsibility of the attending writers.  Well I think I can safely say that I not only survived my first cocktail conference, I was able to successfully surf the wave of alcohol that came at me without crashing and burning too hard. Partially this is due to the fact that this event was about more than drinking, it was also very educational and supported some very good causes. On the education side, I was completely …

View Post

San Antonio Cocktail Conference: Opening Night Party

In Events by Leave a Comment

The 2014 San Antonio Cocktail Conference kicked off last night with an epic cocktail party. At the historic and ornately decorated Majestic Theater in downtown San Antonio you could find three floors of elaborate cocktails as well as food from local restaurants being served in every corner. I was joined by hundreds of other cocktail lovers as we all explored this wonderland of drinks. And it really did feel magical. Just when I thought I had seen it all, I would turn a corner or open a door and find more to discover. Knob Creek and Old Forrester were there …