View Post

Ready for Bourbon & Banter at the San Antonio Cocktail Conference?

In Events by Leave a Comment

I am very excited to announce….ok I take that back. Excited doesn’t even begin to cover it. I am ecstatic beyond belief to announce that Erin Petrey and I will be attending the San Antonio Cocktail Conference this coming holiday weekend and doing our best to cover all things bourbon and whiskey related for Bourbon & Banter. This is the third year for the conference, which is the first of its kind in Texas. These kinds of events draw bar owners, mixologists, liquor reps, writers, as well as regular people who are just passionate about cocktails. Modeled on the wildly …

View Post

5 Things NOT to do at a Whiskey Festival

In Events by 2 Comments

Whiskey festivals are amazing. A whole room full of every kind of whiskey under the sun along with whiskey lovers to talk about it, mixologists mixing cocktails with it, and food made with it. I am sure you don’t need any more convincing that this is a great idea. Before November 23, 2013 I’d never been to a whiskey festival and I was dancing with anticipation of the event. And as it turned out, I ended up making every embarrassing rookie mistake that can be made. But I am here to tell you about them so that you don’t have …

View Post

Whiskey in the Winter Preview Dinner

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Whether you’re unable to attend St. Louis’ Whiskey in the Winter event on November 23rd or you simply can’t your fill of “whiskey” events, Bourbon & Banter is pleased to inform you that the organizers of Whiskey in the Winter will be holding a pre-event dinner at Gamlin Whiskey House on Thursday, November 21st.  Based on the details below it looks like an amazing event. Definitely a great warm-up to the actual event on the 23rd. I suggest you book your spot soon as I’m sure this one will sell out fast. Make sure to let us know if you’re attending and …

View Post

Bourbon Academy Formal Training

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Today’s the day. Time to head out to the Bourbon Academy and spend the day with Mike Veach and other fellow bourbon lovers. While I wish you could all be here please know that I’ll try to share some highlights and photos throughout the day on Twitter and Facebook. And rest assured that tonight, after I’m all schooled out, there will be much bourbon drank and banter had with Mike. I’m feeling smarter already. Cheers!

Win Free Admission to the St. Louis Bourbon Academy

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Would you like to attend the St. Louis Bourbon Academy for free? Head on over to our Facebook page and either click or comment on the post below (on Facebook) for your chance to win free admission. We’ll draw a winner on Saturday, November 2nd, after 5 pm. You can also purchase tickets to the event via the Bourbon Academy Event page. If you purchase a ticket and then win the free admission we will make sure your original purchase is refunded. Special thanks to Mike Veach and The Filson Historical Society for providing Bourbon & Banter with a ticket to …

View Post

The #BOURBON Toast Results Are In

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

We love our online #BOURBON community. You guys are simply amazing! We put out a request for help toasting #BOURBON in order to break our single day Tweet record and you guys crushed it. Individuals from around the world helped us toast #BOURBON as well as the big brand themselves like Four Roses, Willet, Maker’s Mark, Heaven Hill and Jim Beam. It was simply amazing to watch it all unfold on Friday. We are extremely humbled by everyone’s willingness to come out and support our toast to America’s Native Spirit.  What where the results of our #BOURBON toasting efforts? On Friday, …

View Post

Filson Bourbon Academy Comes To St. Louis

In Banter, Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

It’s with great excitement that Bourbon & Banter announces that author and historian, Mike Veach, will be bringing his Bourbon Academy seminar to St. Louis, MO on November 9, 2013. Ever since we learned that Mike Veach was taking his Bourbon Academy on the road we wanted to get him to town. We’re pleased that we were able to convince Mike to visit St. Louis and help us spread the bourbon gospel in our hometown.  We’ve partnered with the soon to be opening Gamlin Whiskey House to host the event and look forward to spending the day learning about whiskey with …

View Post

Great American Whiskey Fair

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

If you live in the Columbia, SC area or plan on traveling through the area on October 17th you need to add this event to your schedule. Per the event’s website: On the evening of October 17th, a host of distilling luminaries, small producers, bartenders and enthusiasts will descend on the Grand Hall at 701 Whaley St. for an evening of festive appreciation dedicated to America’s native spirit and its culture, from cask to glass. The evening will include:   The finest collection of American Spirits the Palmetto state has ever seen – under one roof, for one evening only! Exotic Cajun …