View Post

A St. Louis Whiskey Festival

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Today’s post is for all of my whiskey friends living in St. Louis and surrounding areas. The good folks over at Synergy Productions are putting the Whiskey In The Winter festival on December 1st. Yours truly is going to be there and I hope to see some familiar faces. Drop me a line and let me know if you’re attending in the comments. Perhaps we can share a few drinks together at the event. Here’s the details from the official press release: Whiskey In The Winter, the St. Louis whiskey festival, will take place from 6:00-9:30pm on December 1, 2012 …

View Post

Jefferson’s Bourbon | A St. Louis Bourbon Dinner & Tasting

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Update: Here’s a recap of our dinner with Trey Zoeller of Jefferson’s Bourbon. Bourbon & Banter is excited to announce our next St. Louis Bourbon Dinner & Tasting will be held on Thursday, November 15th at the historic Glen Echo Country Club.  The dinner will consist of a gourmet 4-course meal tailored to the evening’s selections from Jefferson’s Bourbon portfolio of whiskeys. First Course: Smoked rainbow trout on marble rye crostini with horseradish mousse and capers. Second Course: Baby spinach salad with warm bacon dressing, accompanied by sweet potato haystack, crumbled gorgonzola, dried cranberry and spiced walnut. Third Course: Duet plate with …

View Post

Winners, Winner & A Bourbon Dinner

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Good Monday morning to everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It was a busy one for us at Bourbon & Banter HQ. We spent a lot of time putting the final touches on the Bourbon Pilgrimage for this Thursday and couldn’t be happier with how it’s all coming together. And of course we continued to celebrate reaching 1,000 fans on Facebook. (Quick shout out to Nicole Morris for being fan 1,000!) We also drew the 5 winners of the Kentucky Bourbons poster giveaway. It’s our pleasure to send a copy of the poster to each of the …

View Post

2012 Bourbon Heritage Month Events In Louisville

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

For those of you looking for even more ways to celebrate Bourbon Heritage Month here’s a roundup of some things going on around Louisville in the month of September. Corbett’s: An American Place is hosting a four-course meal inspired by Disney’s Beauty and the Beastmusical and infused with Four Roses bourbon on Thursday, Sept. 27 at 6:30 p.m. Guests will meet Four Roses Brand Ambassador Al Young and have a chance to win tickets to see The Beauty and the Beastat the Kentucky Center in October. The dinner is $75 per person plus tax and gratuity. For reservations, call (502) 327-5058. Equus and Jack’s Lounge will celebrate Monday, Sept. 24 …

2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage Official Tour T-Shirt

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett4 Comments

The final design of the 2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage t-shirt is here. Everyone who joins us on the tour in October gets one of these in their VIP Gift Bag. There’s an ever growing list of really cool things that are going into the VIP Gift Bag but I think these shirts are going to be one of the highlights. If you’re joining us in October I hope you like what you see. And if you like what you see but haven’t signed up for the tour I have only one question: What are you waiting for? Check out …

Hey Louisville, why don’t you join us for a bourbon dinner?

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett8 Comments

As you know the Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage will be arriving in Louisville on Thursday, October 11th in anticipation of our official tour on Friday the 12th.  While the tour is going to be unbelievable I know that many of our friends already live in the Louisville and aren’t interested in joining us for the full tour. To allow everyone a chance to partake in the Bourbon & Banter festivities I’m happy to offer a select number of tickets for purchase to each of the tour’s VIP dinners. Here’s a quick run down of the dinner details. Bourbon’s Bistro (SOLD OUT)Friday, …

2012 Bourbon Pilgrimage Schedule Changes

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett6 Comments

As of today we are just over two months out from the 2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage to Bourbon Country. As I continue to finalize some additional details I can’t beging to tell you how excited I am about the tour we’ve got planned for everyone. Whether your a newbie to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail or an experience veteran there’s something for everyone. I’d like to let everyone know that we recently made some changes to our tour schedule and the distilleries that we will be visiting. We’re super excited to announce a visit to Jim Beam’s new multi-million dollar …

View Post

Every Bourbon Pilgrimage Deserves A Bourbon Barrel

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

With the 2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage open for registration I thought I’d give you a sneak peak into some of the trip details over the next few months. To kick things off I thought I’d share a photo of this kick-ass mini bourbon barrel that I received from our good friends over at Bluegrass Barrels.  They were kind enough to provide me with the barrel so I could test it out and provide my readers with an in-depth review of their product. That review will be done over the next several weeks and I can’t wait to share with …