2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage Official Tour T-Shirt

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett4 Comments

The final design of the 2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage t-shirt is here. Everyone who joins us on the tour in October gets one of these in their VIP Gift Bag. There’s an ever growing list of really cool things that are going into the VIP Gift Bag but I think these shirts are going to be one of the highlights. If you’re joining us in October I hope you like what you see. And if you like what you see but haven’t signed up for the tour I have only one question: What are you waiting for? Check out …

Hey Louisville, why don’t you join us for a bourbon dinner?

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett8 Comments

As you know the Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage will be arriving in Louisville on Thursday, October 11th in anticipation of our official tour on Friday the 12th.  While the tour is going to be unbelievable I know that many of our friends already live in the Louisville and aren’t interested in joining us for the full tour. To allow everyone a chance to partake in the Bourbon & Banter festivities I’m happy to offer a select number of tickets for purchase to each of the tour’s VIP dinners. Here’s a quick run down of the dinner details. Bourbon’s Bistro (SOLD OUT)Friday, …

2012 Bourbon Pilgrimage Schedule Changes

In Events by Patrick "Pops" Garrett6 Comments

As of today we are just over two months out from the 2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage to Bourbon Country. As I continue to finalize some additional details I can’t beging to tell you how excited I am about the tour we’ve got planned for everyone. Whether your a newbie to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail or an experience veteran there’s something for everyone. I’d like to let everyone know that we recently made some changes to our tour schedule and the distilleries that we will be visiting. We’re super excited to announce a visit to Jim Beam’s new multi-million dollar …

View Post

Bourbon Across America

In On The Road by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

Today I’m excited to announce a new project I’m under taking here at Bourbon & Banter. I’m calling it Bourbon Across America. The project’s goal is to explore how people across the country are experiencing bourbon in their daily lives both personally and professionally. As part of the exploration I plan on featuring bourbon bars across the country as well as photos and stories by bourbon lovers themselves.   Bourbon is America’s spirit and I’m looking forward to what a closer look at it will show us about ourselves. I hope that you’ll enjoy the journey and get involved as …

View Post

Every Bourbon Pilgrimage Deserves A Bourbon Barrel

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

With the 2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage open for registration I thought I’d give you a sneak peak into some of the trip details over the next few months. To kick things off I thought I’d share a photo of this kick-ass mini bourbon barrel that I received from our good friends over at Bluegrass Barrels.  They were kind enough to provide me with the barrel so I could test it out and provide my readers with an in-depth review of their product. That review will be done over the next several weeks and I can’t wait to share with …

View Post

Announcing the 2012 Bourbon & Banter Pilgrimage

In Events by Patrick "Pops" GarrettLeave a Comment

A few short weeks ago I was discussing a trip to Kentucky with a few of my friends. As we started to research all the different distilleries tours and pre-packaged travel options it occurred to me that the type of experience I was looking for wasn’t readily available. Don’t get me wrong. There are some fine trips available, but none of them looked like they would deliver the type of experience I was hoping to have in bourbon country. I also realized that if I went with only a few local friends I would be missing out on what Bourbon …