Old Forester 2021 Birthday Bourbon Header

Introducing the 2021 Old Forester Birthday Bourbon

In Bourbon News by Patrick "Pops" Garrett1 Comment

Old Forester Announces 21st Edition of Annual Birthday Bourbon

Louisville, Ky. (July 8, 2021) – Today, Old Forester Distilling Co. announces the details of the 21st edition of the brand’s beloved Birthday Bourbon.

The 2021 release is from 12-year-old barrels and presented at 104 proof. The batch is comprised of 119 barrels filled on April 16, 2009 and matured in Warehouse G.

“This year, we’ve composed a bold and compelling offering which showcases the unique fruit-forward side of Old Forester,” said Master Taster Jackie Zykan. “Playful berry undertones with summery dessert notes balance out to our flagship spice finish while taking sippers on a textural journey from velvety to dry mouthfeel.”

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon is a vintage-dated bourbon, hand-selected from one specific day of production and released each year on September 2nd to celebrate the birthday of Old Forester founder George Garvin Brown. This year’s release is a rare, handcrafted bourbon with one-of-a-kind character and flavor that can never be replicated.

Since Birthday Bourbon’s introduction in 2002, the bourbon has ranged in age from 9-14 years old, with proofs from 90 to 105.

This year marks Old Forester’s 151st anniversary, making it the only bourbon brand with an uninterrupted history, sold by the same family company before, during and after Prohibition.

Bourbon Flavor Wheel & Tasting Mats

Makes the perfect Fathers' Day gift. Click, Download, and Give.
Image

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon will be available starting September 2nd at the retail shop at Old Forester Distilling Co. and nationwide for $129.99 in limited 750ml bottles. Visit OldForester.com for more information and to find retailers nationwide.

Notes:

  • Color: Golden Citrine
  • Aroma: A beautiful symphony of berry and dessert components. Red raspberry preserves join plump, juicy blackberries and dried strawberries to set the tone, nestled in a bed of dried herbs and balanced with vanilla creme brulee, subtle pecan, rich maple syrup, and cocoa.
  • Taste: Rich and inviting, the velvety mouthfeel carries notes of buttery caramel, burnt sugar, and a touch of fresh baked Linzer cookie. This silky palate quickly awakens into a bright, peppery, peripheral spice.
  • Finish: Lengthy and warm with subtle dryness. Subdued notes of chocolate, raisin and cool herbs linger in the shadow of stark oak spice.

Listen To The most honest podcast in bourbon

Trust issues? See what others have to say & listen for yourself.

Absolutely the most honest podcast in bourbon
I love the B&B podcast and look forward to it each month. The pure honestly and candor is much appreciated in a world full of hype and allocated products. My only issue with this podcast: that it isn’t more frequent!

CEOLSON7

F*%king Awesome.
You say the things I can’t. Keep on, keeping it real.

KY BOURBON GAL

Enjoying a pour - Enjoying the CONTENT MORE!!
I recently crossed paths with Bourbon and Banter in a Mastermind group - AND CANNOT GET ENOUGH! I keep an episode queued up for any time I need a bit of creativity/inspiration… It has not failed me yet! Keep em’ comin!!

JOSHRHODES8

  • Ken says:

    Doesn’t matter. I’m not lucky enough to land a bottle. Sticking to Wild Turkey here!