Bourbon Charity Exceeds $1MM Total Funds Raised Leading Into Father’s Day “Ultimate Bourbon Giveaway” Sponsored by Bardstown Bourbon Company, Non-Profit Combines Charity With Bourbon to #drinkforachange
Chandler, AZ (June 7, 2021) – Bourbon Charity, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is thrilled to announce that in two short years, it has raised $1.2 million for 26 different charities. The organization is also now fully funded thanks to its Bourbon Hood group of passionate monthly givers, which ensures that 100 percent of funds raised will be donated to charity. The news comes just weeks before Bourbon Charity’s annual Father’s Day “Ultimate Bourbon Giveaway,” in partnership with Bardstown Bourbon Company.
“Giving back and celebrating a love of bourbon are at the core of Bardstown Bourbon Company,” said Bardstown Bourbon Company CEO Mark Erwin. “We are thrilled to partner with an organization like Bourbon Charity that lives out those values and allows us to raise funds for a great cause.”
Participants in the upcoming Father’s Day event will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for the “Ultimate Bourbon Giveaway” for the chance to win coveted prizes, including:
- Lunch and tour for eight with Bardstown Bourbon Company Master Distiller Steve Nally. Enjoy a private, behind the scenes look at every part of the BBCo. production process with bourbon hall of famer, Steve Nally. Then, sit down with Steve for a fantastic on-site restaurant experience. ($1,200 value)
- A bottle of Bardstown Bourbon Company’s Distillery Collection. Innovation, collaboration, and exclusivity come together in this Distillery Collection. These one-time, limited offerings present the best of Bardstown Bourbon’s dedication to the art and science of bourbon. ($199 value)
- Cocktail Class for Eight. Bring seven of your closest friends for a private cocktail experience in the Bardstown Bourbon Company elegant rickhouse lounge, Pete’s Place, named after late Founder Peter Loftin. Learn how to make the Kentucky classics through this fun, hands on experience. ($480 value)
- Vintage Whiskey Experience for Eight. Enjoy a tasting of three rare, vintage whiskeys. This guided flight takes place in Bardstown Bourbon Company’s magnificent vintage whiskey library, showcasing over 400 bourbons and ryes, dating back to 1892. ($1,200 value) Pappy Van Winkle – 23, 20, 15-year and the Van Winkle Lot 'B' and 10-year
- Buffalo Trace Antique Collection - including William Larue Weller, Eagle Rare 17 Year, Sazerac 18 Year, George T. Stagg and Thomas H. Handy
- Chris Stapleton signed E. H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel Bourbon “Bottled in Bond Day” commemorative edition distilled at Buffalo Trace Distillery. Nine years old, Bottled in Bond at 100 proof, limited edition, single-barrel release not available for sale at retail.
Tickets are available online through June 20, 2021 in the following denominations: $10 (25 tickets), $25 (150 tickets), or $50 (500 tickets). Each ticket affords participants a chance to win any giveaway. Winners will be announced on Friday, June 25, 2021 via Instagram Live (@bourboncharity). Proceeds will benefit the following eight core charities that were voted on by the Bourbon Charity community: Children's Tumor Foundation, St. Jude, Feeding America, Boys & Girls Club of America, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Autism Speaks, Prostate Cancer Foundation.
Founded in 2019 when his “Pops” was diagnosed with prostate cancer, Brandon Hunt donated his bourbon collection to start the organization. In one year’s time, Bourbon Charity has enlisted 12,000+ supporters whose passion for combining charity with bourbon to #drinkforachange has raised more than $1.2MM to 26 charitable causes, including: Prostate Cancer Foundation, Children's Tumor Foundation, Fisher House Foundation, Dare to Care, and charity: water. All donations are tax deductible.
“Father’s Day is an especially significant day for me in light of my Pops’ prostate cancer diagnosis,” said Brandon Hunt, Founder, Bourbon Charity. “Between that experience and a few other challenging events for my family and friends, I’m committed to helping make a difference in others’ lives. And I’m continually amazing and inspired by this passionate and likeminded bourbon community that has joined me for the ride.”
The online fundraising model has served the organization well, especially given the current state of the world. In addition to barrel picks, Bourbon Charity hosts several online fundraising events throughout the year, featuring rare and allocated whiskey, such as Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Weller, Sazerac, George T. Stagg and more.
Join the Bourbon Hood
Another way to get involved is to join the Bourbon Hood, a passionate community of 650 monthly givers that help to ensure every public dollar donated help the supported charities. Bourbon Hood members receive ticket entries in each fundraiser as well as exclusive merchandise and discounts. For more information, visit bourbonhood.org.
Listen To The most honest podcast in bourbonTrust issues? See what others have to say & listen for yourself.
Absolutely the most honest podcast in bourbon
I love the B&B podcast and look forward to it each month. The pure honestly and candor is much appreciated in a world full of hype and allocated products. My only issue with this podcast: that it isn’t more frequent!
You say the things I can’t. Keep on, keeping it real.
Enjoying a pour - Enjoying the CONTENT MORE!!
I recently crossed paths with Bourbon and Banter in a Mastermind group - AND CANNOT GET ENOUGH! I keep an episode queued up for any time I need a bit of creativity/inspiration… It has not failed me yet! Keep em’ comin!!