Four Roses Bourbon Ad Circa 1944

Woke up this morning to the sound of freezing rain hitting my bedroom windows. All I wanted to do was stay in my warm bed and sleep through the bad weather. Unfortunately I had to get up and trudge on into work. As such I think this ad is perfect based on today’s weather and what’s expected later this evening. At least I know there’s bourbon at home waiting for me to make it through whatever Mother Nature throws my way today.

PS – Don’t forget to read the ad text itself and its mention of rationing out stocks of prewar whiskey. It’s a fascinating look into how the industry addressed a pretty big challenge.